Tablet space is full, but there's no apps there
sdbrewst
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently had some storage issues with my tablet (please don't start another complaint forum about storage size and partitions here), so I did a full factory reset.  As I was reinstalling my apps, I had to stop because after a couple of them it said it was full.  I thought this was because everything was installing to app space only, so I went to settings and tried to move items to my tablet space.  I couldn't move anything because it said the tablet space was full.  I have 0 apps on tablet space, but it is somehow full after a factory reset. 

Has anyone else had a similar issue to this?  If so, how did you resolve it?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Tablet space is full, but there's no apps there
sdbrewst
Enthusiast - Level 2

Someone else actually helped me with this.  Apparently Kindle will download items even if you don't tell it to.  It logged me in to that when I downloaded the Amazon app and logged in there.  I hadn't thought of Kindle as the culprit since I didn't log in to it, but it synced to Amazon and all of my books were downloaded.  I now have disabled Kindle and things work just fine.  It would be nice to be able to remove it completely and clear up space when things like this happen instead of Verizon forcing the app to stay there.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@sdbrewst

I want to ensure you're able to use your Ellipsis 7 Tablet as normal again!  Please tell me your tablet's current software version number: http://vz.to/1nTsTwD.  This will tell me what options we have for moving media on your tablet's memory.  Also, are you able to use email on your tablet since resetting it?  If so, what are your "Days to Sync" option set to?  You can check this by navigating to Settings > Accounts (select account) > Account settings > Select account > make sure "Days to Sync" is set to 3 days or less.  Keep me posted so that I can further assist.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
sdbrewst
Enthusiast - Level 2

Someone else actually helped me with this.  Apparently Kindle will download items even if you don't tell it to.  It logged me in to that when I downloaded the Amazon app and logged in there.  I hadn't thought of Kindle as the culprit since I didn't log in to it, but it synced to Amazon and all of my books were downloaded.  I now have disabled Kindle and things work just fine.  It would be nice to be able to remove it completely and clear up space when things like this happen instead of Verizon forcing the app to stay there.

0 Likes