Tablet can't use Verizon network
jharris326
Contributor - Level 1

My wife got this tablet for free from Verizon for renewing her contract.  It is a bit slow but functions okay.  I have not yet tried the GPS yet.  While on a recent road trip up I-75 the tablet could not connect to Verizon so my wife could log into or use Facebook.  What gives, it is from Verizon we are paying for it to connect to the Verizon but it isn't.  Any ideas as to why or what to check?

0 Likes
Re: Tablet can't use Verizon network
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello jharris326! I would be happy to find out what's going on with the service on your tablet. To begin, have you been able to use the Verizon service in other locations, or at other times? Also, I know it was a road trip, but in your estimation, what zip code were you in (or at least close to) when you had this issue?

Thanks,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jharris326
Contributor - Level 1

I have no idea of the zip code.  We were north of Tampa on I-75. We have not tired it outside of the house which has WiFi until this trip.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jharris326,

Tablets are awesome to be able to stay connected while traveling. Let's get yours connected. When you look at the top of the status bar, does it says 1X? 3G? 4G LTE? Is anyone else able to use their data in the area?

RobinD_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jharris326
Contributor - Level 1

It said 4G at the time.  Apple 6+ could connect at the time the Tablet could not.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jharris326,

Hmm, that's odd. Since this occurred during a road trip, have you experienced any problems connecting to the data network at your destination or back at home? If you are not able to connect to the cellular network, please try refreshing the network by removing and reinserting the SIM: http://vz.to/1EvSWy7

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes