Re: Sales fraud
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ckoes14075, as we would like to ensure that all of your experiences with us are top notch, I have sent you a Private Message.
LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Missjo123

Same thing happened to us in late Sept. We upgraded our phones, and were told we could get a ellipisis tablet for free, we would pay the $10\mo for the service. Got our first bill after that- have been charged for them. Spoke with Verizon customer service- where I was instructed to go back to the store.we did- and had no resolution to the issue except if we cancelled the service contract for the tablets- it would cost us several hundred dollars. I've been beyond angry- I have been with Verizon over 12 years- and I am actively looking to switch carriers.

0 Likes
tuloco2
Enthusiast - Level 1

We had the same experience.  They talked my husband and my daughter into taking a tablet for only $10 extra a month. We got the bill and it was much higher than we expected now we are struggling to pay it.  We went back within the 14 days and kept getting told to come back to talk to the manger who was conviently never available and now it is past the time frame.  We tried calling the *611 for help and they never called back. Taking advantage of people seems to be the norm lately and it is very sad.

Michael94588

Lets all switch to TMobile! I'm done with Verizon after this contract is up. I urge all of you to do the same!

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Funny T-Mobile ran a similar promotion exactly the same way. Sprint and AT&T did too all within the past year. If it's about Principles then I suggest everyone drop cellular service to force the market to change.

Snn5
Legend

Yep. Tablet add ons are huge business. Everybody's doing it. Another way to inflate subscriber numbers. Rather number of lines....not customers.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am disheartened to learn about your unpleasant experience and I am here to help. Let’s get to the bottom of this once and for all . I will be sending you a Private Message momentarily.

AyaniB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

Sad to say Verizon pulled this scam on me too and I fell for it. I have been paying them $10 a month for over a year after asking the sales rep multiple times 'Is it free, are there any other charges, will my bill go up". Now they want to charge $175 to cancel the service YOUR SALES REP told me I would not be charged for. Since that is clearly fraud just call your credit card company and report Verizon has fraud and have the charge reversed. Do we need to start a class action lawsuit verizon or are you listening yet? STOP LYING TO YOUR CUSTOMERS. I have been with Verizon 20+ years and my wife and I will be switching to at&t tonight. **** verizon, they are liars. 

0 Likes