Problems with ellipsis 10
StephanieJFritsch
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have not been satisfied with this tablet. I have 5 months left on the contract. I cannot upgrade it.. I've had problems with this have one since day one.. I'm totally unsatisfied with it. So I had to get a iPad Pro 10.5 to replace it but I'm still paying now for 2 tablets.. I own the ellipsis 10 but I'm still on the contract. I had to get the Apple iPad 10.5 Pro to get a working.. I've been paying for two lines of service. because of this and also the additional charge for the 10.5 iPad Pro.. it's been totally crazy.. I have not really used the ellipsis 10 that much.. if you look at my account I'm a good customer..

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Problems with ellipsis 10
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Then either cancel the Ellipsis tablet line and pay the early termination fee or continue paying the line access fee for the remainder term of the contract term and cancel when completed. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I regret seeing you have been having problems with the Ellipsis tablet that has made you unsatisfied, StephanieJFritsch. What exactly is going on with the tablet? We can do some troubleshooting at vzw.com/troubleshooting to make sure we can get things working properly. 

I can totally relate to not wanting to pay for a line that is not in use. Ann154 provided some answers on how to eliminate paying for the Ellipsis line. 

The tablets have a 2 year contract and that means if you cancel before the end of the contract, you will be charged an early termination fee. That would also prevent you from being able to upgrade that line until the contract ends. We also have a process called Transfer Your Service https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/transfer-your-service-faqs/.

This will come in handy if you know someone who is in the market for a tablet. They would take over the contract for you by placing the tablet on an account that is in their name. I hope this information is helpful. 

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@TamaraH_VZW wrote 

"The tablets have a 2 year contract and that means if you cancel before the end of the contract, you will be charged an early termination fee. That would also prevent you from being able to upgrade that line until the contract ends."

Say what? Why would canceling early and paying the ETF prevent someone from upgrading that line? That line wouldn't exist on their account after the customer canceled it. They should be free to add a new line of service with a new device and number. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes