Problems continue with my Ellipsis 8
Tmscsj
Enthusiast - Level 2

Short battery life

Long time booting up

Charging takes more than 12 hours

Updates every app over and over which then shortens battery life.

Have to shut down...No sleep mode that I am aware of

Want to know how to return for s new and different device

Have it since August 2016, problems continue

0 Likes
Re: Problems continue with my Ellipsis 8
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tmscsj,

I know how important it is to have a working device. I'm alarmed to hear that you are experiencing so many issues with your Ellipsis 8. It definitely sounds like something is going on, and we want to help resolve your concerns. Many of the issues you mention may be related to battery and charging issues. Please check here in Troubleshooting Common issues, and review the Troubleshooting Assistant for help. http://spr.ly/658985yIf  If your device is still not working correctly, you can CHAT with a tech support rep on My Verizon to review replacement options: http://spr.ly/658085yIA

MichelleH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ERIZUG73
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here. Updates constantly. Battery always low. Touch screen typing sucks. Autocorrect sucks. Only good for reading books. I'm junking it for a Windows tablet.

Tmscsj
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have already spoken to support and bottom line:

You are stuck with this device.....no recompense.....buy something new.....but your contract is still in effect!

This took me 15'minutes to post.....touch screen is so difficult to use

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tmscsj, we hope that you reconsider your decision to leave and allow us to continue as your wireless provider. Did we complete additional troubleshooting steps over the phone? Was it determined that you needed a warranty replacement device?

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Catwoman28078
Enthusiast - Level 1

​THE MOST WORTHLESS PIECE OF EQUIPMENT I HAVE EVER PURCHASED. AND THE SAD THING, VERIZON HAS NO ANSWER FOR THE SLOWNESS. AND, THEY CONTINUE TO BE PAID BECAUSE OF A CONTRACT

Rohbiwan

Similar problem here. Purchased three of these on the advice of my Verizon sales person as a business.  Two of them failed within a couple months and my staff put them on a shelf not realizing that I was paying for them monthly. I finally check on my bill at 13 months ownership and realize I'm spending hundreds of dollars for two failed products, 66% of my units. With no way out except for the Verizon technicians defense of the ellipsis 8 " you could have always bought a better product".

Good advise.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rohbiwan

I'm sorry to hear that you have two tablets that have failed. Allow us to troubleshoot. I understand that you've addressed this concern previously. Tell me more about the issues that you're having with the failed tablets? Here's a link that will assist with troubleshooting http://vz.to/2drnmLn.

CoreyM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Rohbiwan

Yes, I would love a chance to get these units functioning.

1. One unit is totally dead. lasted about a month of regular use. i have gone through all the reset and battery resart options at the verizon site.  When plugged in it will occasionaly flash all white then go black.

2. 2nd unit seldom starts and locks / becomes unresponsive.

Any ideas?

<<removed>>

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

<< Content removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service >>

0 Likes
ERIZUG73
Enthusiast - Level 2

Buy a Amazon tablet. That's what I did.

0 Likes