Re: New Ellipsis 7 Experience with KitKat Software Update
awsomedude191

When I press "Check New", it says: "Cannot connect to server". But I have a good WiFi connection. Please Help

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The download requires a mobile data connection, it won't download over wi-fi.

0 Likes
diclark

Verizon are you kidding? Forcing us to download the update on 4G so we are then forced to use more of our precious data so that we get even closer to going over and have to pay you more money...... couldn't have just let us do this all over our secure wifi network? Sounds like just a way to get us to have to give you more money. Get this sh*t fixed and don't even try and blame android for this.

0 Likes
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

Diclark

Data charges do not apply to this over the air (OTA) software update. This is the case with almost all OTA device updates. They do require a data connection to complete the software update, but the data utilized is not billable.

JustDucky9

Carol,

Could you help me with a problem downloading the Kit Kat update to my Ellipsis 7.  I have been downloading the update for 3 hours now, with the status still at 0%.

0 Likes
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi JustDucky9

It sounds like your Wi-Fi may be turned on or that you may not have a 4G connection. The update requires a cellular connection to complete and it will not use billable data.

1) Please turn off Wi-Fi (Settings > toggle the switch to off).

2) After Wi_Fi is off, please ensure you are in a 4G area and then restart your device.

3) Once the device restarts, the update will start downloading of the 4G connection and you will see the software update install notification.

0 Likes
Pengone
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've updated my tablet and now my tablet is useless. I can't delete or write to my SD card. All I can do is store files downloaded from my computer and that's it. How do I fix this?

0 Likes
Chris_H1
Contributor - Level 1

So is there anything I can do to eliminate the over 3 GB of wasted space taken away from since since this update.  On an 8 GB tablet, I have 2.99 GB available, and only 1.84 GB used by applications. My "Misc Files" take up a bloated 3.14 GB. Since an SD card is worthless in this tablet, I'd like to know what can be done to clean this up. .

jkcm725

I have wifi off and connected to data 4g, have the build MV7B_31D41_422. I go into setting>about tablet>software update>check now. and still says that i'm up to date.

0 Likes
Pengone
Enthusiast - Level 2

What if we use our computer to make the card ext instead of fat? Would that make it work?

0 Likes