New Ellipsis 7 Experience with KitKat Software Update
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

Android KitKat is now available for the Ellipsis 7. The update brings new features like Emojis, wireless printing via Google Cloud Print, and Chromecast support. Customers with current software will be able to manually download and install the software update by going to Settings > About Tablet > System Update > Check New.

You can visit www.vzw.com/ellipsis7support for more information about software update benefits and step-by-step instructions.

If the current SW Version on your Ellipsis 7 tablet is:
MV7A_31D16_422  OR
MV7A_31D18_422  OR
MV7A_31D26_422

Please call our Customer Support at 1 (800) 837-4966, and they will support you through the update process. You will be required to ship your device for this software enhancement.

0 Likes
Re: New Ellipsis 7 Experience with KitKat Software Update
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think ALL of the community members would appreciate it if you did similar announcements for all of the devices when they have an system update available for download.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi Ann154

Thanks for your suggestion.

0 Likes
hrldjs50

when checking for the update it says not connecting to the network my wifi works for everything else.  tried on the 4g same response

0 Likes
JKramer328a

My software ended in a much higher number and ended with a "M". I did the software upgrade (?) and the number actually went down.  Still scratching head... Tablet could do everything I asked it to do. Maybe I had a software beta version?  .   

0 Likes
JKramer328a

Everything works...when transferring to SD card on tablet there is no problem at all. Device says SD card is added to memory of tablet. Says I have over 29.7GB of space and memory.

0 Likes
Chris_H1
Contributor - Level 1

Still no ability to move apps to SD card? So why give an update that still keeps us stuck with the same problem?

0 Likes
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

@Chris_H

Thanks for your feedback.

Newer versions of Android, the operating system that powers the Ellipsis 7, do not allow apps to be transferred to SD cards.

There is a lot of information on the Internet about Android and external SD cards, including the potential security benefits of not permitting third party applications to write to your SD card. You can move media files like pictures, videos, music, etc., to your SD card.

This is not an Ellipsis 7 issue.

0 Likes
Chris_H1
Contributor - Level 1

Interesting since my Samsung Galaxy S5 is an Android and puts my apps on my SD card no problem. Unfortunately, as is evidenced by the myriad of posts in these forums, this is an Ellipsis issue. The device was sold to me with the promise the SD card could be used for this (as it was with many other customers). People have been posting about this for over a year and Verizon has done nothing about it. Additionally, no correction was given to your customer service reps selling the product because it has been brought to Verizon's attention numerous times, but folks got sold the same bill of goods. This experience truly soured me and you can be assured I will never buy another tablet from Verizon.

mielli1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Once you get the 4.4 upgrade, you should be able to move apps to the SD card. This is not an Android limitation, but will be a device limitation if we are not able to.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 running 4.4.4 and can easily do this.