My screen flashes with black lines. Can this be fixed.
Claude350

At times while on the internet certain pages will flash with black line of boxes marking it difficult to read or see anything.

0 Likes
Re: My screen flashes with black lines. Can this be fixed.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Claude350@,

This is never the type of experience we want you to have with your device. Allow us to further investigate the details. Can you let us know if there is any physical damage to your device? When did this start?

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Donsmith47
Enthusiast - Level 2

Take it back to the store where you got it!  I am about to take my second one back for that and it will not read the SIM cards. Trying to get a different type the Ellipsis 10 is a [Removed] Read all the things that have been posted about it. Not seen one good thing.

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

fast29

I have the same thing on mine. I have had 2 employees at the Verizon store see the problem and take pictures of it and send to a tech over the phone. They still will not replace it! I have to send it to tech support for the 3rd time!!! They say that it does not act up when they have it and it is fine! My warranty is up tomorrow. They are giving me 30 days of warranty to see if that gives me time to get them to look at it again and see if they can fix it!

0 Likes
amritb_vzw
Verizon Employee

The black bars as seen on certain apps is due to a interaction issue with the new version of Android System WebView available in the Play Store.

For now, please use the below workaround and roll back to factory default version of the Android System WebView:

Go to Settings -> Application manager -> Swipe left to list “ALL” tab -> Find the “Android System WebView: tap on it -> choose UNINSTALL UPDATES

On the next dialog box “All updates to this Android system app will be uninstalled” -> select OK

On the next dialog box “Do you want to replace this app with the factory version?” -> select OK

The Android System WebView will be rolled back to version 49.0.2623.105

To ensure that Android System WebView is not auto-updated to the new version on the Play Store, please follow the below steps:

Launch Play Store -> Go to My apps & games -> Find “Android System WebView” in the list of apps -> select this app, and tap on the 3 dots on the top right.

If the Auto-update box is checked, please un-check it.

0 Likes
fast29

I have done this and will wait to see what happens.

0 Likes
fast29

Well this worked for a few months now it is doing it again!!!! I have never let it update due to not knowing if that would make it start up with the black lines again. Now it is started doing it again!!!! WTH! Please someone tell me that you people are smart enough to fix this in an update to my tablet!!@

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I’m sorry to learn that you are experiencing issues with your tablet again, fast29. I understand that you have not updated your software in a while. Since the issue is now present, I recommend doing the software update and see if this resolves the issue. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes