My Ellipsis 8 has become soft bricked
shinings

Hello, I am now outside the US. My Ellipsis 8 has become soft bricked. After a sudden reboot, it just stops at the red verizon logo screen. I have checked all the solutions in the community and other forums. I can manage to enter the recovery mode. It seems the only way to rescue the tablet is to reflash the stock rom. I remember the tab's rom version is 4.2. I didn't make OTA upgrade or root the tab. So please help me on this. Hopefully anyone can send me the stock rom therefore I can reflash it.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: My Ellipsis 8 has become soft bricked
shinings

Anybody can help me on this? I am now outside the US, thus impossible to seek support from Verizon stores. Can anyone PM me the stock rom? Really thanks.

0 Likes
shinings

anybody there? really need help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

shinings,

Having a non-working tablet is never easy, especially while out of the country. You have come to the right place. We will need to reset the device. Here are the steps to do so http://spr.ly/65898YjWJ. This will allow the tablet to reset and power back on. 

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
shinings

Hi RobinD_VZW, thanks for your prompt answer. I have tried the instructions step by step, and done every step. But problem still exists. So it seems stock rom has to be reflashed.

0 Likes
shinings

Why there has been no feedback up to now? Is this the service of Verizon? Are u getting customers [Removed]???

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
shinings

Anybody there?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

shinings-

I am sorry to learn this is still an issue. I sent you a private message. Please respond to me there so I can assist you.

EricaC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupportIf my  response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button  under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our  conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Matthew200

I've been having this problem for a couple of months I need help

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Matthew200, I'm sorry to hear about your problems with your Ellipsis 8. Let's work together to get this solved. Please explain what happens when you try to use your tablet. When did this start? Does it have any physical or liquid damage? Here is how to check:  http://spr.ly/6600EcKae 

JoelR_VZW

0 Likes