I can’t get my ellipsis 7 to take the latest American Airlines app. Anybody else have this problem?
SCOWAR62
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can’t get my ellipsis 7 to take the latest American Airlines app. Anybody else have this problem? The AA app says I don’t have the latest software. When I try to update, the ellipsis 7 says “cannot connect to server.” I turned off the $10 per month phone line 2 years ago. I wonder if that is the problem. Verizon support and I looked at the software version and it looks like I have the latest update from 2 years ago. Could that be wrong??

0 Likes
Re: I can’t get my ellipsis 7 to take the latest American Airlines app. Anybody else have this problem?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The latest update was 10/4/17; updates require a network connection (the Ellipsis 7 won't update over wi-fi).

Verizon Ellipsis 7 Software Update | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
Re: I can’t get my ellipsis 7 to take the latest American Airlines app. Anybody else have this problem?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good afternoon, SCOWAR62. Keeping your device up to date is certainly important in regard to the compatibility of apps. When I travel, I like to review various items on the airline app as well. To ensure we got all the facts, we do have a few more questions. Do you encounter this issue trying to update your software when connected to other Wi-Fi networks as well? Are any other apps on the tablet impacted or just the American Airlines app? Can you please verify the baseband version that currently shows for your tablet? You can review this by locating settings > about tablet.

JaimeG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SCOWAR62
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK - So I called Verizon and got the device reassigned a phone number.  We also figured out that my SIM card "had been retired" so I got a new one.  Verizon was nice and sent the new SIM really quickly.  And my Ellipsis seems to update on my home Wifi and down loads some apps pretty quickly.  HOWEVER, when I try to download from Google Play the United Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Airlines, Southwest Airlines and the Ring - Always Home apps, is says "Your device isn't compatible with this version."  Pretty disappointing, since that's basically all the airlines I fly.  I was just hoping to use this device for all the flights that require me/us to use the wifi to use our own screen to watch in-flight entertainment.  Looks like this device won't do that huh?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your efforts are greatly appreciated, SCOWAR62. I am happy we got both devices working the way they should. When it comes to those applications. Have you checked to see which software version it will accept in order for you to download the application to the tablet? 

Cheton_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SCOWAR62
Enthusiast - Level 2

So it looks like Ring requires version 5 and up, Southwest Airlines requires 6 and up, Delta requires 5 and up, United requires 5 and up.  American says it depends on the device, but since when I try to get the American app is says my device "isn't compatible," I kinda feel like we can assume American requires a newer software version than what my "latest updated" Ellipsis 7 has, which is 4.4.2.  No big deal, I've got other devices that work well.  But unless there is a likelihood that the Ellipsis 7 is going to receive an operating system upgrade, it makes the Ellipsis 7 significantly less useful to me.

0 Likes