How do I connect my ellipsis 8 to a 5ghz WiFi?
MTC1987

I do not want to always be on my limited data network. How do I connect my ellipsis 8 to a 5ghz Wi-Fi? It is not finding my home router. I do not run 2.4ghz as I am in an apartment complex and get bogged down with regards to speed on it.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I connect my ellipsis 8 to a 5ghz WiFi? I do not run 2.4ghz due to speed issues
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I just read this again and realize now what it is you're talking about. Have you tried connecting the tablet to another wi-fi source to make sure it's the tablets issue? If your phone has hotspot you could even try to connect it there. Chances are good though the Ellipsis 8 isn't a 5ghz compatible device, but it should connect on 2.4ghz and if it does then it's definitely not the tablet.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How do I connect my ellipsis 8 to a 5ghz WiFi? I do not run 2.4ghz due to speed issues
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You should be able to connect to your home router no problem. Turn on Wi-Fi on your Tablet, find the router name and log in. If you're having trouble I suggest unplugging your modem/router for a few minutes and then plugging it back in.

0 Likes
MTC1987

I tried resetting the router twice and the tablet is still not connecting. Is this something I can send it out to repair or an I out of luck with this? If it cannot be fixed I will just be getting a dual router to HOPEFULLY fix the problem.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I just read this again and realize now what it is you're talking about. Have you tried connecting the tablet to another wi-fi source to make sure it's the tablets issue? If your phone has hotspot you could even try to connect it there. Chances are good though the Ellipsis 8 isn't a 5ghz compatible device, but it should connect on 2.4ghz and if it does then it's definitely not the tablet.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would suggest downloading an application like https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer to see if the tablet can actually see both wifi frequency types. If it only sees the 2.4 GHz then the tablet isn't capable of connecting to the 5 GHz wifi frequency.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I found a website that might shed some light on this question. The site appears to compile the FCC filings for devices and the information within them. This https://fccid.net/number.php?fcc=HFS-QTAQZ3&id=981464 was one of links to the Ellipsis 8 tablet. This one and the other associated links for the tablet seem to indicate that only the 2.4 GHz wifi frequency is supported.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes