Has anyone had success getting Ellipsis 7 GPS to work via Google maps?
bdough

Problems encountered:

1)Many times google maps shows incorrect location of tablet

2)Voice navigation rarely works

3) Google maps shuts down in middle of navigation

Any advice?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Has anyone had success getting Ellipsis 7 GPS to work via Google maps?
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

For issue #1, GPS standalone is supported, so the tablet can take up to 15 minutes to show the correct location the first time the user opens a maps application.  The second time the map app is opened and thereafter, the tablet should take 0-2 minutes to find the location. If the device is consistently showing the incorrect location even after the 2 minutes, the tablet may need to be repaired.

For #2, if you have not already please power cycle your tablet (turn off and back on) and then ensure that location is turned on in the GPS settings. Try the app again.

I cannot recommend a third-party app but there are other mapping apps available in the Play Store if you would like to compare experiences.

If you continue to experience issues, please call Verizon's Customer Support so they can further investigate the issue. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi bdough? A couple questions:

Do you have the most recent app? Google maps released an update last week.

Do you have consistent data connection when this is occurring?

0 Likes
CadyStar

No I don't. I no longer wish to be with Verizon. So I don't want to have anything to do with them all I want is my account number so I can transfer carriers

0 Likes
bdough

Yes I have most recent version and I am usually in a city when trying to use GPS so connection is good.  Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

For issue #1, GPS standalone is supported, so the tablet can take up to 15 minutes to show the correct location the first time the user opens a maps application.  The second time the map app is opened and thereafter, the tablet should take 0-2 minutes to find the location. If the device is consistently showing the incorrect location even after the 2 minutes, the tablet may need to be repaired.

For #2, if you have not already please power cycle your tablet (turn off and back on) and then ensure that location is turned on in the GPS settings. Try the app again.

I cannot recommend a third-party app but there are other mapping apps available in the Play Store if you would like to compare experiences.

If you continue to experience issues, please call Verizon's Customer Support so they can further investigate the issue. 

0 Likes