Ellipsis 'authentication problem'
Firannion
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just acquired an Ellipsis less than two weeks ago and have already run through three-quarters of my data, even though I nearly always use it at home, where I have Wi-Fi.  It turns out that every time I turn it on, within a minute or two it disconnects from my Wi-Fi, saying 'authentication problem.'  I can hook it back up but then it goes down again, every time.  My cellphone doesn't have this problem with my Wi-Fi, and my router was recently installed by Time Warner Cable, so it shouldn't be the problem.  Is it the device?  What do I do?

0 Likes
Re: Ellipsis 'authentication problem'
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Firannion, let's get to the bottom of this and see what is going on. There are a few settings that we can check. The first that we would want to see is if your Mobile Network is turned to "off" when trying to connect to WiFi. If yes, try to delete the network and then try to re-add and see what happens. Keep us posted.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Ellipsis 'authentication problem'
dominal70
Enthusiast - Level 1

im having the same and CONSTANT problem.  it works on my HTC. they both work at my work, friends homes, but the minute im home it goes to only mobile data..or (because you said disable mobile data) wont connect to internet at all. Is it a scam to use all my data and make me pay more. please help with this authentication problem now!!!

0 Likes