Ellipsis Tablet does NOT wake after going to sleep...
RemyAble

Hello Everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone has seen this issue in their Ellipsis tablet...

At times, I have found that after my Ellipsis 10 tablet does not wake after going to sleep.  In order to turn it on, I have to hold the power button, (~10 seconds), to reboot the tablet.  I have been experiencing this issue over the past week.  I did notice that when I was at home for the past 4 days, I did NOT experience the issue.  I'm back at work now, and I've had to reboot the tablet twice to turn it on after it's gone to sleep.

I thought maybe it had to do with the 'Trusted Locations' under the 'Smart Lock' options, I added my work office as a trusted location.  This did not work...

Does anyone know of any additional settings I could look at to correct this problem?

Thanks in advance!

~Jeremy

0 Likes
Re: Ellipsis Tablet does NOT wake after going to sleep...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RemyAble, this is a great device and it's important we get it working properly for you. Very strange that this happening and let's get to the bottom of this to get the screen to wake up normally. Any recent changes to the tablet, Software, new apps, etc.? Any physical or water damage?

GersonG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RemyAble

Hi and sorry for not responding sooner.  I didn't realize that the question had a response.

Short of adding a security PIN, and loading some apps, there have been no changes since I took it out of the box. Additionally there has been no physical or water damage.

I do notice that after I restart the tablet, I get a message that 'My Verizon Mobile' has stopped.  IDK if that anything to do with anything, and IDK if it happens every time...

I find it odd that this ONLY happens when I'm not at home.  Again, I thought it may be the trusted locations in the smart lock settings, so I added my work, but I still see the issue while I'm at work.

THANKS FOR THE RESPONSE!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate all that you've done in testing! Have you been able to turn off locations all together to test for a short while?
YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RemyAble

Do you mean to turn off the GPS feature?  If so, this is not a viable solution for me as I use the location services regularly...  I can try it to see what the affect is, but again, this is not a viable solution, as I heavily use Google Maps for route guidance.

Another bit of info...

I was at a friend's house over the weekend with my tablet.  I was connected to their wireless network and did NOT experience the issue I outlined above.  This leads to the following question...

Is there a security feature the prevents the tablet from being unlocked IF it's connected to a secure wireless network?  If so, how do I turn it off?

Another question...

When the tablet goes into this mode of not being able to wake up from sleep, is there a button sequence I can use to turn it back on without having to restart the tablet by holding the power button for 10 seconds?

Thanks in advance for your help!

0 Likes
RemyAble

One more question that may resolve my issue...

Is there a way to disable the "auto lock" feature?  I have several options as far as selecting a time before the tablet automatically locks, but no option to turn it off completely.

Again, thanks in advance!

0 Likes
amritb_vzw
Verizon Employee

If device does not awake/resume when power key is pressed, then the workaround is to hard reset the device by holding down the power for about 10 seconds.  A fix is planned in upcoming software update.

0 Likes