Re: Ellipsis 8 won't charge or turn on
Daddyrik
Enthusiast - Level 3

No.  There is no battery icon with a question mark.

The entire screen is black.  It will not turn on at all.  When an of the several Chargers I have tried are plugged into the tablet and an electrical outlet  (the outlet is working properly) the tablet screen stays black.  The device has not been dropped,  exposed to water or other fluids.  I can't detect any damage.  I have tried both Verizon and off brand chargers incliding the charder aND corder that ca me wit the device.  I bought the device 10-5-2015. 

The problems started in early December  2015.

Please let me know how many more questions I will need to answer before someone will offer a possible solution.   I started my first post 1-1-2016.  I really am getting fed up.  Is there another format in which to receive help?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You said you had tried the power on button + Volume up and Volume down - how about JUST the power button for 30 seconds (maybe less)?  Try this with and without the SIM card installed to see if you can at least get it powered on.  I have an Ellipsis 8 that I use on wifi only.

If you have only had the tablet since October, it's still under manufacturer's warranty,a nd you should be able to get it replaced at a Verizon store, if it will not power on.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks SuzyQ for the info. Daddyrik, this is highly abnormal for this device act in such a way. Let us take a deeper look. We have sent a private message. Please respond to the private message with the requested information.
AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Daddyrik
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is the private message I received:  I am stunned to hear about your experience with the Tablet. Let us take a deeper look at the unit. Can you please provide your name, mobile number, and billing password? This password can not exceed 5 characters long and can be a combination of letters and numbers. 

AlbertoR_VZW

You really expect me to give you my billing password?  

This is the second time I have been asked for this information in this format.   I am really concerned

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

It would be a legitimate request if you had a billing issue to resolve.  And reps will ask for billing info via DM - since it is between you and the rep, and they are clearly designated as such on the boards.  Still, I get your hesitation....and this info is not needed to resolve this.

As I said previously, if the tablet will not power on, it should be replaced under warranty.  Simple.  Done.

0 Likes
MATTCAUTHORN2000

I feel if you are looking for help on here instead of Goin to a verizon store then [Removed] when your asked questions

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
BigWill7
Enthusiast - Level 1

I know it’s been a while for this thread, but when I put the tablet in my desk a few years ago, it was working fine. I pulled it out a few days ago to use it, and .... nothing. No power, no charging indication, nothing. I tried all the suggestions I’ve seen in here, still nothing. Don’t know if it’s worth trying to get it fixed.  I loved it when it worked