Ellipsis 8 won't charge or turn on
Daddyrik
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a piece of junk Ellipsis 8 that won't charge or turn on.  It has not been dropped, not damaged, not been exposed to water and have been using the charger that came with the device.  

I have tried plugging it into my computer to charge and nothing.

I have tried holding the on button and up volume button simultaneously and nothing.   I can't count how many times I have tried this.   Anywhere from 10 seconds to 2 minutes.

I also tried holding the on and down volume buttons simultaneously with no luck.

I attempted obtaining help on this subject January 1st but erroneously identified my device as an Ellipsis 7 and after several days I received a response to provide my account number, full name, last four of my Social Security number and Verizon billing password.   I responded negatively to that post and no one else responded.   My device has been plugged in trying to charge ever since.  If this post doesn't receive a response that fixes the problem I am going to close my Verizon account of which I have had for well over 10 years and trash this worthless piece of junk.

Re: Ellipsis 8 won't charge or turn on
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Daddyirk-

Your 10+years of loyalty to Verizon has not gone unnoticed, and we are so honored to be your wireless provider. I would be heartbroken if you left Verizon. I'm eager to turn things around and jump start your Ellipsis 8 tablet. I just want to dig a little bit deeper, how long has this been going on (you previously mentioned January 1st, was the forum post in regards to the same concern)? What changes were made to the tablet around the time that this problem began (new software, new applications, etc)?
AmberKK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Daddyrik
Enthusiast - Level 3

About a month before (early December) started having problems with charging.   It would take a day or so to charge then it would discharge within an hour or so.  Then it would take several days to charge but wouldn't fully charge.   No changes to applications that I recall.   I am unable to check if any updates were installed as the device won't turn on at all.  Let's assume there is no damage, no updates  (Verizon in their infinite wisdom doesn't allow to uninstall their updates anyway).  Verizon has made their devices so you are forced to pay a great deal more for their accessories  (chargers for example) which makes staying with Verizon ridiculous. 

I keep being asked for more and more information whenever I receive a response from a Verizon representative and frankly I have now given up on this device.   Since a possible solution was not provided as I thought I made clear in my earlier post I'm going to find a better carrier.   I feel it will be worth paying the early termination fee for better products and better customer service and support.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Daddyrik,

I know how important it is to have a working tablet. Using a device that does not charge properly would not allow you to enjoy your services. Let's work together to find a solution. have you tried a different charger? Are you using the same charger and cord that came with the device? How long have you had your device, has it been more than a year?
JasperM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Daddyrik
Enthusiast - Level 3

I answered the question am I using the charger that came with the device in the initial post.  I don't see how long I have had the device can have a bearing on this subject.  But to continue playing the Verizon games I purchased this October 5, 2015.  I didn't have the device 2 months before encountering major problems.   Do you need to know my blood type next?  I realize I will not receive a solution to this problem through this as whoever responds next will come up with some other question.   I answered all these questions previously and I'm fed up with answering the questions multiple times.   I am asked with each response to mark the question as answered correctly but no way to mark it as not answered correctly.   If you're not going to provide a solution then don't respond.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Daddyrik,
I can sense that this has been frustrating for you and I apologize for that. We are only trying to help get down to what could be causing this issue. We asked how long you’ve had the device so that we will know if you may be under warranty or not. If you are we can explore replacement options. Please let us know so that we can move forward with troubleshooting.

ErinW_VZW

0 Likes
Daddyrik
Enthusiast - Level 3

I apologize for being so difficult and I thank you for your understanding.   I would like to resolve this so I can once again enjoy my tablet.   Please let me know what information is needed.

Thank you

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for the reply. We want you to have a great working tablet. When did you get the device?
JoeL_VZW

0 Likes
Daddyrik
Enthusiast - Level 3

October 5, 2015.  Is it possible for the next Verizon person to read the previous entries as I have already answered this question.   I have answered many questions and would like to make some progress.   So far the responses are more questions of which some have already been answered.  I fully realize you require information in order to assist me and I appreciate the attempts but I need a solution.   As previously stated I started requesting help January 1st, it is now February 27 and I still have a tablet that can't be used.   It now won't turn on at all.  Please, please, please read the previous entries before responding and try to offer a solution.   Thank you

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would be lost if I wasn’t able to use my tablet, I am sorry to learn of the trouble you are having. When charging  the tablet did you see a battery icon with question mark?

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes