Ellipsis 8 wom't power up
JOHTHI49
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Ellipsis 8 hasn't been used for several months. Now it won't power up. I tried charging it by plugging into a computer. It blinked the battery symbol with lightning bolt as if it was charging. I left it "charging" for 2 days. It still won't power up. Is there anything else to try or is it basically trash?

0 Likes
Re: Ellipsis 8 wom't power up
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you plug it into a wall charger? The computer USB port might not be providing enough amperage for the battery to charge.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOHTHI49,

We certainly want your Ellipsis 8 up & running as it should be. Are you using the charging cord that came with the tablet? What happens if you use another charger? Have you tried charging it in the wall vs your computer?

ChristinaM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JOHTHI49
Enthusiast - Level 1

Charging with the wall outlet didn't work. The tablet was totally unresponsive - didn't recognize that it was plugged. At least with the computer it blinked the battery symbol to indicate that it thought it was charging.

It took about 4 days plugged into the computer before it finally had enough charge to power on and update.

So I guess maybe it's working again, but overall I would label the Ellipsis 8 as a total lemon. Worthless.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOHTHI49,

We don't want you to feel that way about your tablet. Ann154 was right, the computer's USB port may not be able to supply enough power to charge. However, since you are able to get it to turn on and charge(slowly) that indicates that there may be something else going on. What happens when you use an alternate charging base with the USB cable or tried a different charger/cable altogether? Has there been any damage or moisture exposure to the tablet or charging port?

ShawnteJ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
NICMIN27
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had mine in the box for almost 2 years, took it out today to charge it because I wanted to sell it and it won't charge either. This happened to me the first month I had it and they replaced it. I am having the same issue. It starts up and then goes to the battery charging screen and then show a blank battery. So frustrating as I got sucked into getting it and paid $10 a month for 2 years to never use it and it doesn even work. Piece of [removed]!

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

blakemama

This is exactly what mine is doing. It just flashes the battery sign, but it doesn't show the red inside filling up. It's deader than dead. I know it is way past warranty.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would never want you to be without your tablet. Let's get this figured out. Have you tried using another charger?

AlbertoR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
AloNelson100
Enthusiast - Level 1

Are you a robot?! Is this an automated response?!

In search of actual answers, I’ve read the same darn question asked over and over to every frustrated customer.  If you’re not coming with solutions, just quit responding. It’s infuriating me to read this tomfoolery. Makes me want to cancel my whole dang service. Obviously you don’t value your customers

0 Likes