Ellipsis 8 randomly shuts down
JRoll2020

I just got an Ellipsis 8 about 5 days ago, and at least once a day it just randomly either turns itself off or restarts.  Does anyone know why this is?  Is it some setting I have turned on, or a defect?

Not always, but often it is while I'm streaming video.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Ellipsis 8 randomly shuts down
BrianCrowKnows
Enthusiast - Level 2

I returned and exchanged the tablet I had for another Ellipsis 8, and the replacement works fine. It seems like I just had a bad one.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Experiencing difficulties with your tablet can be concerning JRoll2020. Let's get to the bottom of your equipment concerns. Did you recently install any new applications or software when this started? Does it shut down/restart only when you are streaming video? Is there any physical or water damage to your phone?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JRoll2020

its been doing it since the day I got it, so any number of apps could have been downloaded since it started.

It hasn't exclusively been while streaming video, I just happened to notice it once or twice while on the TWC TV app.  Once it did it just while on the desktop.

Is it possible that I have auto updates turned on somewhere that require a restart?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JRoll2020,

I appreciate the additional details. Have you checked to make sure there are no updates available for the Tablet or Apps on the device? Run the tablet in Safe Mode http://vz.to/1P7tZxK for a day to see if the restarts stop. It may be a 3rd party apps causing this and Safe Mode will disable all 3rd party apps and help determine if an app is causing the issue.

JohnB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Villarreal55

The same thing started happening to my ellipsis yesterday. I haven't downloaded anything new. It shut down 5 times yesterday. Once while I was browsing the web, once while playing a game, and a few times while streaming videos. My software is up to date.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Villarreal55 - Having your tablet powering off randomly is a pain we don't want you to have. I am sure we can get to the root cause of the random power off issue you are having, and get your tablet in tip top shape. Are all of your applications up to date? Please open the Google Play store and tap on the 3 stacked up lines on the upper left hand side of your screen. Now tap on My apps>All. If any applications say Update, please make sure they are updated. Is there any water or physical damage to your tablet?

JacobV_VZW

BrianCrowKnows
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too am having this issue. My tablet will restart when using the browser, Facebook app, Kindle app or just about anything. Also, it will do this even when I have all of my apps up to date. I tried looking at some of the knowledge base articles posted in this thread, but my login requires PIN authentication via text message, and whenever I request a PIN, I never receive the text. I am trying to login to the knowledge base from my tablet, which is the only device that I have at the moment since my phone is on backorder. I would like to research this issue as much as possible, but I hit a wall every time I add a new degree of freedom to this problem. Thanks for any assistance you can give.

0 Likes
BrianCrowKnows
Enthusiast - Level 2

I returned and exchanged the tablet I had for another Ellipsis 8, and the replacement works fine. It seems like I just had a bad one.

0 Likes