Ellipsis 7 won't boot past the "Powered by Android" screen.
jutopia
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've tried holding down the power button for 20 seconds, then three seconds. I've tried holding down the power button and the volume down button. Nothing I do will make it boot past the "powered by Android" screen.

Re: Ellipsis 7 won't boot past the "Powered by Android" screen.
NorahAura
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem. After Verizon prompted to update the system.

flo_purdy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here.  I was prompted to run an update, and now it's frozen on the "welcome" screen.

ImHayWire
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too am only getting the "Powered by Android" none of the power off/on ideas have worked. I've done the 20 seconds, then 3 seconds. Or the hold the power button and the volume button. Nothing changes. It just only displays Powered  by Android and then goes blank. Any help from Verizon would be nice.

sixpats
Enthusiast - Level 1

My tablet is dead in the water.....went to bed it was ok...woke up it was dead...won't get passed the "powered By Android" logo.  What is the answer Verizon??  From the entries below you are not answering this problem.

ImHayWire
Enthusiast - Level 2

@sixpats Well here's where we're left.... I went to Verizon and there is nothing they could do there. They're sending me a box to ship my tablet back to them. I'll post again when I know more.

astroman90
Enthusiast - Level 2

The silence from Verizon is deafening on this issue. Just look at the post topics over the last week here... this is NOT an isolated issue-- Verizon obviously released a system update that was not properly tested or debugged.

And now their only solution is to inconvenience folks by exchanging devices? No other solutions have been offered, no info regarding fixes, debugged updates, or anything else-- they're not even withholding or rolling back the update until this is resolved-- my tablet is STILL trying to download the update, but I won't let it (using wifi connection only instead of OTA connection) until I can get some kind of assurance that it won't totally crap out my tablet.

This kind of support borders on the quality of Comcast-- that is to say, "next to nothing".

Good luck with your updates folks, I apologize for the cynicism, but if it's true, then it's not really cynical, is it?

Kroewe
Enthusiast - Level 2

It totally crapped mine out. Installed update now tablet won't boot past the powered by android screen, can't get into bootloader, can't power off,  can't hook up to computer via USB.  I posted  to a thread in the main community forum and got  a response from verizon tech asking if my tablet had physical /water damage.  Nice.

flo_purdy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah Verizon's handling of this leaves much to be desired. How many times do people on here have to say the tablet won't do ANYthing, won"t respond to reboot processes, etc., before the techs stop coming and telling us to try to reboot? I went to Verizon on Wednesday of last week and was told i'd have to send it in for warranty repair and they'd send me a shipping box. Guess what I still don't have? Yep the shipping box. Get your act together Verizon.

ImHayWire
Enthusiast - Level 2

flo_purdy Well that's not very encouraging! I figured they'd get the box out quickly. I'm surprised they don't ship it from right there at the store. I was IN the store and they sent me home with the tablet that is now useless. Kroewe I think it is the same for all of us. It's crazy that it won't even power off until the battery is dead.

Verizon Wireless Customer Support Please do the right thing and bust a move fixing this situation. You shouldn't even still be sending out this update!!!