Ellipsis 7 tablet
Todd1972
Enthusiast - Level 1

will there be an update that will allow me to save pics, videos and apps to my sdcard. when I take a pic it only saves to tablet not sdcard and Verizon said I had to transfer it from tablet to computer then to sdcard which in my opion is dumb I should be able to do it instantly. Also why is the app space so low I downloaded 20 apps and its almost full that less than a gig is too low since my phone is higher than this tablet

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Ellipsis 7 tablet
BobbyV7887
Enthusiast - Level 2

An update is coming shortly this month, that will make changes to SD card making it accessible to load information to the SD card.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vbctv
Enthusiast - Level 1

An update is needed and I also am having a problem with apps and would like sd card access. The sd card is useless right now in the device. Plus only 1gb of the 8gb space is allocated for apps. They need to take the allocation away and make it the full 8gb for everything inside the tablet with the ability to move or save items to the sd card. I have a 32gb sd card in mine which is useless at the moment without access to allow me to move anything or save to it.

DoctorWhom

I received my ellipsis in mail today, and have run out of space for apps.  So, I agree with these writers.  What a dumb device.  Nowhere is a memory card identified as an option, or included as a sweetener.  If I don't receive news of improvement, back it goes.

0 Likes
BobbyV7887
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes. I too am using an Ellipses tablet and the update will follow shortly in December. 😉

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi DoctorWhom,

We always want you to have the best options with your exciting new device. Have you considered transfering items off the computer onto an applicable SD Card? Also, a majority of applications require direct download to the devices internal storage. My apologies that this options would not be eligible for override at this time. Please keep us posted if we can provide any assistance in the future, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
SFLgal
Enthusiast - Level 2

We bought two of them. I guess we will be returning both while we still can. I was really liking it until the memory issue reared it's head and I discovered there wasn't any point in the 32 gig cards I installed in them. Bad design unless fixed. We'll return them while we can. I don't want to take the chance that they don't provide a fix. Don't buy these!

mikefoz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can't say it any better than SFLgal.

This is exactly what we did. I am so disappointed and upset.

If it's free it to good to be true.

Thank you Verizon for the misleading sale.

"We bought two of them. I guess we will be returning both while we still can. I was really liking it until the memory issue reared it's head and I discovered there wasn't any point in the 32 gig cards I installed in them. Bad design unless fixed. We'll return them while we can. I don't want to take the chance that they don't provide a fix. Don't buy these!"

BobbyV7887
Enthusiast - Level 2

An update is coming shortly this month, that will make changes to SD card making it accessible to load information to the SD card.

0 Likes
SFLgal
Enthusiast - Level 2

Where can I confirm this information. I called tech support and they knew nothing. They didn't even appear familiar with the issue. Sad! They suggested that I was using the unit for more than what it was intended and should return it. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

SFLgal wrote:

Where can I confirm this information. I called tech support and they knew nothing. They didn't even appear familiar with the issue. Sad! They suggested that I was using the unit for more than what it was intended and should return it. 

Tech support will never acknowledge that an system update is coming until it is actually released. It is unlikely that every tech support person will know every single issue with every single device that works on the Verizon Wireless network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes