Ellipsis 10 black lines on screen tablet just turns off
SOUNDMAN23

OK when using Facebook or even just the Web browser I get black lines on screen and can't see anything also sometimes it will just turn off no matter what level of battery or if plugged in very frustrating when trying to pay a bill or log in to a site what can be done to fix it because I have two of these and both do it

0 Likes
Re: Ellipsis 10 black lines on screen tablet just turns off
fast29

I have the same problem! Verizon has had me send the tablet to repair 2 times now and they say they cannot duplicate the problem! I am going to send it back one more time if they can not fix it I am done with these people!

0 Likes
Re: Ellipsis 10 black lines on screen tablet just turns off
amritb_vzw
Verizon Employee

The black bars as seen on certain apps is due to a interaction issue with the new version of Android System WebView available in the Play Store.

For now, please use the below workaround and roll back to factory default version of the Android System WebView:

Go to Settings -> Application manager -> Swipe left to list “ALL” tab -> Find the “Android System WebView: tap on it -> choose UNINSTALL UPDATES

On the next dialog box “All updates to this Android system app will be uninstalled” -> select OK

On the next dialog box “Do you want to replace this app with the factory version?” -> select OK

The Android System WebView will be rolled back to version 49.0.2623.105

To ensure that Android System WebView is not auto-updated to the new version on the Play Store, please follow the below steps:

Launch Play Store -> Go to My apps & games -> Find “Android System WebView” in the list of apps -> select this app, and tap on the 3 dots on the top right.

If the Auto-update box is checked, please un-check it.

0 Likes