Does Ellipsis 7 have MHL capability?
slop64

I have an HD Samsung Smart TV with HDMI ports. I have an Ellipsis 7 tablet. I'd like to drop my cable TV provider, settling for watching Netflix or other such movies and TV shows through my tablet, but displayed on the TV.

I found the following ad at Amazon.com: "Menotek Micro USB to HDMI MHL Adapter ... for Samsung Galaxy S2, HTC, ..., Galaxy Nexus"

The point of the adapter is to connect a handheld device to HDTV via HDMI cable from the device's micro USB port, which Ellipsis 7 does have. BUT the device needs to have MHL capability. Verizon chat rep had no idea, and the Ellipsis 7 isn't listed for that particular adapter above, so I'm not buying that adapter, so here I am.

Does Ellipsis 7 have MHL capability?

P.S. "MHL stands for Mobile High-Definition Link technology, which allows you to display your smartphone’s content to a larger screen, all while charging your mobile device."

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Does Ellipsis 7 have MHL capability?
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

HI slop64

The Ellipsis 7 does not support MHL. We forwarded your feedback to our product team.

View solution in original post

Re: Does Ellipsis 7 have MHL capability?
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

HI slop64

The Ellipsis 7 does not support MHL. We forwarded your feedback to our product team.