Android 4.4.2 update for Ellipsis 7
WesO72

Ever sense I updated to 4.4.2 I have noticed that the Pandora and I Heart Radio apps do not run as smooth as they did before the update. There is a lot of pauses and skipping during play. It is not a buffering problem. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both and the issue still exists. Any suggestions?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Android 4.4.2 update for Ellipsis 7
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I appreciate your concerns. It may take several days or weeks for the apps to become optimized to the new update. I do suggest reaching out to app developers regarding concerns towards 3rd party applications.

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
allen268

Having same Issue after update to Kit Kat!!  Have done everything Verizon has asked including a Factory reset... Still has same Issue!! Thinking they should have done more testing before releasing this update!!  Going back to Verizon store again today to see if they have any other ideas!!  Can't see just getting a Replacement Tablet if it's been updated to Kit Kat also!!  So frustrating!! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi Wes072  We want you to have the best device experience! The software update should have improved the device. Do you receive any error message when the buffering occurs? How many bars of signal appear on the device when the issue occurs?   Thanks, PamelaF_VZW Tweet us @vzwsupport
0 Likes
bkbirge
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have same issue. No errors displayed when glitching happens. Doesn't seem related to cache or connection, glitches exist whenever playing audio whether streamed or played locally.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thanks for reaching out bkbirge! Let's look into this together. Any problems with other applications?  Have you tried powering the device off then on?  Have you attempted to delete and reinstall the application?
0 Likes
aadam12

Same issue. Hey Verizon Wireless did Google change the way Android KitKat processes music? Is the KitKat update too much for the Ellipsis 7 hardware to handle? My Ellipsis 8 streams music with NO problems.

0 Likes
melesytes79
Enthusiast - Level 2

We have 4 of these and all are doing same thing. We've tried it all! Also having problems with them keeping charge and powering on¿

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I want to see those tablet to perform as intended melesytes79! I understand that you have done some troubleshooting and issues continue. Please do a Factory Data Reset as per this link http://spr.ly/65854jjW and test. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
melesytes79
Enthusiast - Level 2

We did that already too...we have done it all! It started doing it after last update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I appreciate your concerns. It may take several days or weeks for the apps to become optimized to the new update. I do suggest reaching out to app developers regarding concerns towards 3rd party applications.

YosefT_VZW
0 Likes