Verizon Jetpack MiFi 7730L battery so swollen the back popped off and won’t stay on??
Sbare13
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon Jetpack MiFi 7730L battery so swollen the back popped off and won’t stay on?? I have noticed recently that the signal has not been as good as it used to be as well. What do I do? 

Labels (1)
Re: Verizon Jetpack MiFi 7730L battery so swollen the back popped off and won’t stay on??
jwade72
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue with my battery. I've also have a problem that I will be posting about later, when I turn on the device it comes up, connects to 4G LTE, then about a minute later drops connection, can't find service, then fines 3G and stays there, or goes to 1x. It never connects bac to 4G LTE unless I plug the battery to reboot it.

Re: Verizon Jetpack MiFi 7730L battery so swollen the back popped off and won’t stay on??
krogentech
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sounds like the battery is failing. It may die completely on you soon. I had to get a new jetpack when it happened to me. I would caution that it could also be a potential fire hazard, depending on the battery you have, if you leave it on the charger.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sbare13, 

Your safety is of the utmost importance to us so hearing that the battery on your Jetpack 7730L has swollen so drastically is a cause for concern. Please take your jetpack, battery and any charging equipment to the Verizon owned location nearest you for evaluation and assistance. The store closest to you can be located using this link http://vz.to/1KvL5Yz. 

ShawnteJ_VZW

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jwade72, this is concerning that your battery is swollen as well as connection drops. Let's get this figured out. If the battery is swollen, you will need to take the device to a retail store location. To find the closest store location click here http://spr.ly/6603EmFp3. AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes
jodyru
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine is only 11 months old so I took it too my local Verizon Store. They could not exchange the battery or even sell me a new one, they could exchange the unit, but without a battery... ?? They said they DO NOT DEAL with the batterys ... And told me to call Verizon. So I did, was on the phone for just a bit over 1 1/2 hours. And you guessed it. They could not send be a battery, even though they sell them from the site. They MIGHT be able to reimburse me if I paid for another battery.....   So needless to say I went to ebay found one for under $20 and am NOT even gonna hassle with Verizon for a dime, Im sure it would take hours of my time on the phone to do so. I will be so happy when my contract runs out and I can move onto a better cheaper service and NOT deal with the very poor service I have had with Verizon.

jimmieanna
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had good luck buying a replacement battery off Amazon. It wasn't that expensive, I think about 17.00 or so?

DENJOH99
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not surprised. It's the reason why I've not bothered calling or going to a verizon store. So disappointed.

TERIGAIL1972
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have this same issue. I use this for work only because I can't get internet where I live. I am scared to use it but I have to because it is the only way I can work when I am on call.

jvescio
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here .. So either i continue using and start a fire potentialy or spend the 20.00 and get a new one. 

Too Bad you cant run these plugged in with out battery..  Stupid design