Re: Issues with data speed
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that information, robin416. When you say you got a text message telling you that you are on the edge service wise, was this from our network engineering department?

UbaldoJ_VZW

0 Likes
Mom817
Enthusiast - Level 1
Do you work for Verizon? You give the same response to everyone. If congestion is such a huge problem then they need to add towers. When we can't even make calls from our home any more we are not getting the service we were promised when we signed up, less than a year ago. 
0 Likes
robin416
Enthusiast - Level 2

The person on the phone said it was four miles. 

That does not change the fact that I've been using internet in this way for six years so I have a clue what the speed should be like. The fact it took me nearly ten minutes to get gmail to open, then at least two to open this page is a testament to how slow the service is. I can't even get it to open on my cell. 

I've seen 1X this morning on the phone. I know that means no data is going to get through. 

Fix it or I'll have to do something different because this terrible.

I have tried repeatedly to send this and it keeps failing.

0 Likes
robin416
Enthusiast - Level 2

The latest. About 8 PM my internet was suddenly rocket fast. Right up to me typing the speed is about what I had before the last month. It's almost like my service was throttled even though I was not over the data allowance.

So, either someone finally fixed the problems or I was throttled incorrectly. 

I'm withholding judgement until a few more days of normal speeds before I can say this issue is resolved.