Issues with data speed
robin416
Enthusiast - Level 2

This past weekend I contacted Verizon concerning how slow the data upload and download had gotten on my phone and computer. (I use a jetpack for my internet) I've had this service for about six years now so I have an idea when things are not working quite right.

When speed tests on the both the phone and computer start failing that was confirmation I wasn't imagining things. 

So, today I get a text message telling me what I already knew, I was on the edge service wise. The kicker is that they sent me a video on how to improve my call quality. I did not ask about call quality because I had no issues with calls, it was with data speeds. So, either they totally ignored my issues or they pushed the wrong sales speil button. 

Up to this point Verizon has been stellar in their service and in their customer service. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Issues with data speed
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I completely understand how important it is to get the best service at all times. We don't want you to feel like we didn't understand or diagnose the issue. Service is not guaranteed indoors. We do encourage you to use WiFi or WiFi Calling if/when available, as an indoor solution. That's all that video was about. 

I hope this helps clear things up. And I hope we can restore your confidence in us! 

VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
robin416
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's just it, I'm not having issues with voice. It's speeds being so slow when I'm on the internet on both the phone and my computer. Both fail speed tests, it's that bad. And due to the slow loading pages it's eating up data. 

I've been using this service for several years. I've occasionally had issues during holidays but not everyday for weeks. 

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

It's called congestion. probably everyone in your area is like you trying to use wireless as home interent

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

robin416,

I appreciate your clarification about the issue, and I apologize for any previous confusion. I know how important it is to have a data connection, especially when a hotspot is your primary source. Are your smartphone and Jetpack on the same plan? I don't want you to use the data redundantly.

Are you aware of which plan you are on? Do you have unlimited data? I ask because there are speed restrictions for hotspots on unlimited which will depend on your plan.

ColinH_VZW

0 Likes
robin416
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm unlimited on both. Normally I wouldn't use this much data in a month but with the slow loading of almost every page it's eaten into the "unlimited" data. 

It took a dreadfully long time to get these couple of pages to load. I suspect I'm going to hit that magic number before I reset because of these terrible speeds. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for checking back in with us regarding your plan and usage details, robin416. The results of your network ticket are to indicate that coverage may vary day to day due to a variety of reasons such as cell site changes, foliage, construction, population changes, and interference. In this area, you may have trouble making a phone call or using your service. There are always changes that impact our network, some are controllable and others may not be.

Can you please confirm the Upload and Download speeds you are currently getting on your phone and Jetpack? You can use the link attached to run a speed test via Speedtest by Ookla. http://spr.ly/6603EqyHb

We also have different versions of our Unlimited Plans. Just to confirm are you on the Go Unlimited, Beyond Unlimited or the Verizon Unlimited Plan? Do you notice if speeds improve at any different point in the day? (Morning vs Evening)

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes
robin416
Enthusiast - Level 2

The phone is beyond unlimited. But that doesn't matter since I rarely use that data. The jetpack is simply unlimited.  I only checked the phone because the speeds were so bad on the jetpack. 

I'm not doing anymore speed tests. They failed so often I began to think the MyVerizon test page was broken. I saw after multiple tries zero upload speeds on the phone. The jetpack was equally deplorable. 

Seven/Eight in the morning, or later in the evening after 8 PM things seem to be more normal. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that we can provide accurate information. Is the Jetpack on the same plan as the phone line? If so, how data has been used on your Jetpack line? 

RogerZ_VZW

0 Likes
robin416
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just under 12.5 gigs.

0 Likes