Re: Ellipses jetpack keeps disconnecting
drizzit10
Enthusiast - Level 2

We have tried both computers in the house, both phones, tv & it is the same for each.  So it is not the computer.  The speed connectivity test was also performed by Verizon & we were told when we did that last Sunday that is was not acceptable & then got a msg after 2 phone calls later when a ticket finally was opened as I was told was going to happen on the first ticket that is is PERFORMING AS EXPECTED.   Don't even know what to say that Verizon is OK with connection failing every 5-10 minutes & being extremely slow when it stay connected for 10-15 minutes.  

We have another jetpack that my fiance's work provides to him for when he needs to work out of the house & it NEVER disconnects nor do we have any other issues with it.  Same signal strength same location in house & the Ellipses doesn't work.  That tells me after all the horrid phone calls, trip to store, lies that have been told to me that is because it is a prepaid account which means we are lowest priority & def data slowing going on with this account.  Which is what we specifically asked about & was told no no no.  Fast connection, no slowing down, not lower priority.  Have the texts to show we asked all of these questions & what we got is exactly what we were trying to avoid.   I have been a customer with Verizon for about 20 years & can't believe how your customer service treats people & the lies I have been told. 

drizzit10
Enthusiast - Level 2

And yes one of the many & long phone calls the jetpack was reset.  Yes we have had the computer & phones forget the connection.  It is not our phones, computers & tv's.  Maybe, just maybe it is the service you are providing to these prepaid jetpacks????

drizzit10
Enthusiast - Level 2

Bahahahahaha, fell for it again.  Private mesage that they would def like to help me.  So provide my phone number YET AGAIN.  They call can't help since it is a pre paid account.  DO NOT DUE PRE PAID WITH VERIZON, IT IS A JOKE & JUST A WAY FOR THEM TO GET MONEY & NOT PROVIDE ANY DECENT SERVICE OR CARE.    So.....they call all concerned, sorry have to transfer you to pre paid area & we will must certainly help you get the help you need.  Yep, tranferred to an automated system.... WOW what a lot of help that was.

DENJOH99
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've almost always had issues with my jetpack. It likes to overheat and now the outer shell is expanded & hopefully not ready to pop I didn't insure it. I'm stuck with it.

0 Likes
drizzit10
Enthusiast - Level 2

I ended up cancelling mine.  With the unlimited they throttle it back as much as possible so they get your money but, you do not get the usage they explained and of course "promised" when you sign up.  The pack & Verizon service is a joke.  They were of no help, skirted around the issue & truth.  Have had several people looking for service & I automatically steer them away from Verizon for anything but cell service.  After the situation I found that Verizon throttles all prepaid unlimited back.  Hmmmm....then how is it unlimited you ask???  Well it still works right, even though it disconnects it still work.  YES, that was verbatim from my last conversation with Verizon.  Oh & forget refund for unused days. 

0 Likes
PHIANS49

So they want you to pay more for less service you go verizon money suckers

0 Likes
PaulS3
Enthusiast - Level 1

This has nothing to do with your prepaid billing. I have solved the ellipsis jetpack disconnection issue by not using it. I use my Iphone and Ipad as hotspots. The jetpack is in the junk drawer. Now it all works. I do not have prepaid billing.