Re: why aren't my photos uploading to the cloud?
UltraViolet06
Enthusiast - Level 3

OK, I see your message in my  inbox, but I can't get it to open. I've been clicking on it repeatedly and nothing happens.

0 Likes
MCHLLMDM
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been having the same problem, and I was able to upload my pictures to Cloud as recently as August also.  I reported it to Verizon, and I got a text August 17 saying they were investigating my ticket and have not heard anything.  I am puzzled why I have not had problems until August if it isn't a problem on Verizon's part.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MCHLLMD, the Verizon cloud is very important to me as I keep all of my child's pictures there. Lets figure out why it's giving you problems. What steps do you take to backup your photos? Are other things saving to the cloud as well?

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
MCHLLMDM
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did reply by e-mail, but I might as well reply here also.

I only save pictures on the Cloud at this stage.  I go to options, "send message", and type in the code to send the picture to Cloud.  I get a message indicating the picture has been sent, but no confirmation text that the picture has been uploaded, and the pictures I try to upload aren't in Cloud.  I do have an older phone, but I do not recall getting anything saying there were going to be any changes as far as uploading pictures to Cloud.  I was able to upload the pictures from my phone to Cloud as of July 2016 and am puzzled about why I am suddenly not able to do so.

I have contacted Verizon about this problem, and I keep getting texts saying my "ticket is under investigation".  The last message was August 17, and nobody seems to be able to be able to tell me what the problem is.  Other people appear to be having this issue, and it appears to be a problem on Verizon's part.  I would like to get this resolved and be able to upload my pictures to Cloud again.

0 Likes
UltraViolet06
Enthusiast - Level 3

Nothing has changed for me either. The last text I got from Verizon was August 27 telling me my ticket was under investigation and they would notify me when the issue is resolved. I chatted with someone online on August 30 and they confirmed the ticket was still open. That's the last I've heard about this. All I want is to get the pictures off my flip phones before I upgrade to a smartphone. The phone stil sends and receives pictures from all other phones, so I can't believe it won't upload to the cloud. Verizon's cloud FAQs do say that you can upload to the cloud from basic phones, and like you I never got any message that Verizon was stopping support to basic phones and the cloud in August.

0 Likes
MCHLLMDM
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there any more information available on why uploading pictures to Cloud has been a problem?  I have heard nothing and would like to get this resolved.  It seems ridiculous for this to suddenly be an issue when it wasn't before.

0 Likes
UltraViolet06
Enthusiast - Level 3

No. I got a message from a Verizon rep on here asking for my phone number and ticket number so she could look into it. I haven't heard anything from her yet, but the last time a rep messaged me for my number I couldn't read the message for days because the site was having issues, and when I could finally read the message and reply, he never answered.

The frustrating thing about talking to reps from Verizon is that you get someone new everytime, and you have to start explaining your whole problem from the beginning, only to have that person cover the same basic answers with you that you already know are not the issue. It's just going in circles over and over. When I talked to them on the phone, the guy tried to tell me the cloud doesn't support basic phones. When I asked why I was able to upload 26 pictures over 3 days, he pretty much told me it must have been a fluke, but had no explanation for it, and couldn't grasp that the Verizon cloud FAQs confirm that you can use the cloud with a basic phone and tell you how to do it.

0 Likes
MCHLLMDM
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't think other people would be having the same problem if it was a fluke, and I do not see anything saying pictures can't be uploaded to Cloud from a basic phone either.  Hello, Customer Service, some help here would be appreciated.   This is rather ridiculous. 

UltraViolet06
Enthusiast - Level 3

Haha that's what I told their customer service when I spoke to them on the phone! I don't get the point of sending private messages asking for phone numbers and issue numbers if no one is going to follow up. NEVER a response on here from any rep that asks for that info. Like I said, just going in circles. Verizon probably doesn't even know what the problem is and/or how to fix it. I think if they truly ended support for these phones, they'd just say it. Anything would be better than nothing.

0 Likes
MCHLLMDM
Enthusiast - Level 2

Custumor Service, Is there any more information available about my issue?  I would like to get this resolved, and Customer Service does not seem to know what is going on.  Please respond.vzw_customer_support

0 Likes