Why is cloud creating duplicate contacts?
DOBBNDC
Enthusiast - Level 1

My cloud back up keeps creating duplicate contacts for my contacts.  So, for one Bill Smith (for example) I have four or five Bill Smith (all with the same information).  It's driving me crazy--how do I stop my phone and/or the cloud from creating multiples of the same contact?  I have cleaned up all of my contacts online through the website...now I just need to figure out how to override the contacts that are on my phone and simply use the Cloud Contacts. How do I do that?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Duplicate contacts
Winsomemore
Enthusiast - Level 2

Fixed my phone. Here's what happened.

It seems that for some reason that no one will admit to my phone's Contacts changed from Phone Only to All Contacts.

I fixed my S4 by doing the following.

- Open Contacts

- Go to Settings

- Go to Contacts

- Go to Contacts to display

- Select Phone

I found my phone had, for some unknown reason, selected All Contacts thereby listing every contact from all the other app's that have access to my Contacts creating duplicate contacts and generally screwing up the alphabetizing as well.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Winsomemore
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here. Why aren't the Verizon technicians responding to this issue???????

Obviously, this is a systemic problem, not an isolated incident. We are paying money for these phones and services every month. It would be nice to get help or at least an acknowledgement of the problem from a Verizon technician now.......

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your support is here DOBBNDC. We want to get your contact list set correctly. I will have yto ask a couple of questions to create the best path. How long have you been dealing with duplicates? I ask because one of the common ways this happens is  due to using different devices over time. The contact format isn't the same for all devices. BobbyN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Sanders_Tim

Any andwers

A VERY MARRIED MAN

0 Likes
Winsomemore
Enthusiast - Level 2

Fixed my phone. Here's what happened.

It seems that for some reason that no one will admit to my phone's Contacts changed from Phone Only to All Contacts.

I fixed my S4 by doing the following.

- Open Contacts

- Go to Settings

- Go to Contacts

- Go to Contacts to display

- Select Phone

I found my phone had, for some unknown reason, selected All Contacts thereby listing every contact from all the other app's that have access to my Contacts creating duplicate contacts and generally screwing up the alphabetizing as well.

0 Likes