Why can't my 3500 photos stored on the cloud load for browsing via a web browser on a pc? Just get error messages.
bsolomon3000

my photos, 3500 of them,  will not successfully load for viewing on my pc via a web browser.  Sometime I get a message "Ooops something happen...reload".  I reload and the same thing happens.  Occasionally some pictures do appear but after a while a message will pop up that says "Unable to acquire lock on search for user"  I've also tried on a MAC with same results.  On my phone my photos will load using the app but not a web browser.  Clearly there's a problem with Verizon's web server, I think.  This makes the Cloud useless to me.

Anyone else having this or similar problems?

Oh, I did chat with a service rep who was useless!  He blamed my Windows PC of course...which works fine with iCloud and Dropbox and Evernote, etc. etc.

Bob

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Why can't my 3500 photos stored on the cloud load for browsing via a web browser on a pc? Just get error messages.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@bsolomon3000

It’s important that you’re able to successfully view your Verizon Cloud photos on your computer. I’m sorry if this hasn’t been your experience lately. I’d love to help.

First, I need to ask you a few questions. Have you been able to view your Verizon Cloud photos on your computer in the past? If so, when did this problem begin? Which web browser are you using to view these photos? Please let me know so that I can further assist.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Why can't my 3500 photos stored on the cloud load for browsing via a web browser on a pc? Just get error messages.
bsolomon3000

Actually this was the first time I tried to view the pictures on my PC.  I had decided I wanted to download them to a hard drive.  I tried using both Firefox and Chrome on Windows 10 and Mac OS 10.6.  The same result all around...also tried Chrome and Firefox on my Android phone with the same results.  The Android app was the only thing that worked.

I should also point out some flaws working with a large amount of files using the app.  The absence of a select-all button defies all understanding.  There's no way to conveniently download all my photos to my phone without individually selecting each of the 3500 files.  Also, when selecting Months certain files are not included such as image files that are not photographs, digital art work for example.  Also there is no progress bar or any indication of the download progress...another basic feature that's missing.

The bottom line is this Cloud seems like amateur hour coming from such a high-powered company.  If this can't be worked out I'm moving on...this is a bad sign for future innovation.

Thanks Bob

0 Likes
bsolomon3000

Haven't heard back from you after my last reply...are you still on the case?

Bob

0 Likes
bsolomon3000

Hi,

You might be interested to know that I tried looking at my pictures on the cloud at work where they use AT&T for internet and Chrome loaded all 3500 of my photo with no problem.  It took a few minutes but it worked.  I suggest you examine your relationship with Spectrum...could this be a Net Neutrality related issue?

Bob

0 Likes
bsolomon3000

I'm starting to become paranoid...not only will you not respond but now when I go to the Verizon Wireless community and click on my post I get an error message "Bad Request".  All other posts open fine...I beginning to believe something is going on here that my friends at the NY Times might be interested in.

Please tell me what is going on!

Bob

0 Likes
Dan_VZ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi bsolomon3000​,

The "Bad Request" issue you're seeing is a known bug in the Community platform that affect a small subset of our users.  We're actively working to get this resolved and I apologize for any inconvenience or confusion that it may have caused.

Thanks,

DanW_VZW

Community Manager

0 Likes