Re: When is this update to 17.5 supposed to come out? SMS backups
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Xersist, you have taken great steps and we truly appreciate your hard work and details. As this update, like other updates, is rolled out by make, model and device ID it may truly have not made it to your device quite yet. However, as I know that you are anxious for a solution, I have sent a message to the Verizon Cloud moderator for an update. As soon as I have any details, I will respond here.

LorenB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
richs007
Verizon Employee

Please realize that the VZW Support folks answering these threads are many and are dealing with many hundreds of support requests here and in their normal support roles.  They couldn't possibly read through each thread that has many contributions from people wishing to help you as well as people "piling on".  It was be an incredible waste of their time away from trying to help others.

Specifically regarding your question.  For some reason when 17.4 was rolled out, Google Playstore incorrectly identified some devices as a tablet and downloaded the tablet upgrade which doesn't support messages causing key message app permissions to be revoked.  Verizon has been working with Google to identify a fix and a workaround to get these devices recognized properly for the Cloud update.  They said switching the device display settings so that phone reports Normal screen will resolve the issue but so far that hasn't been our experience.  If you try that and it works, please send an email to VerizonCloud@VerizonWireless.com.

We know it's frustrating and have been working with Google to come up with a workaround but so far none exists.  We ask your patience as we work through this with Google.

0 Likes
Xersist

Thanks, this is the answer I have been looking for. Admission and Acknowledgement of an issue.

I will happily wait for the issue to be resolved. Thanks again!!!!

A response to your first paragraph:

Yes, I do realize that, but you should realize if someone was to help the originator of a thread, it would help if they knew the original question.

Anyway,I'm happy with this reply.

0 Likes