Re: WHY CAN'T I GET VERIZON CLOUD APP TO WORK OR UNINSTALL FROM WINDOWS 10 2019
richs007
Verizon Employee

When the Cloud app is running on a Windows PC, there will be a cloud icon in the lower right of your screen in the system tray.  Click it to show the cloud menu.  If you are not logged in to the app itself (the app may be running in the background to backup whatever backup folder you selected if you did that so it may ask you to sign in with a popup. )  Once you are signed in, click the Show Dashboard to actually open the app instead of your sync folder.  Once you are in the dashboard,  you can use this article to download the content to your computer: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-200364/

If you are not actually logged into the pc app and you click the cloud icon on your start menu, it will open the sync folder to allow you to put content into the cloud outside of the normal backup process.  But, it sounds like you aren't using the sync folder and just want to access what is already in the cloud.  To view it, you need to use the website.  But to download (restore in pc app language) content from the cloud that was put there by your mobile or other device, you would need to use the restore function described in the above article link.

On the website, you don't have to download it one by one.  You can select a group of things, say for example the entire month of October and download them into a single zip file.

One last comment.  You seemed frustrated that no one was responding to you.  This forum is primarily a self-help forum where other knowledgeable users like @Ann154 share their knowledge to help each other out.  The Verizon Customer Service team do assist when they can but they don't monitor the forums 24x7.  To get immediate relief, it's advisable to either call or use the chat function.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You don't have download each file one by one. You could download them in batches of 10 or 20 files to keep the download size small enough to prevent the website from hanging up. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

revnazaright
Enthusiast - Level 2

THE ICON NEVER APPEARED 

I'LL GIVE THE BATCH DOWNLOADING FROM THE WEBSITE ANOTHER TRY BUT IT TAKES FOREVER WHETHER YOU'RE DOING ONE OR TEN AT A TIME ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU HAVE THOUSANDS OF FILES AND IT MAKES YOU SIT THROUGH MULTIPLE POP UPS AND IT'S JUST SUCH A WONKY AND GLITCHY SITE (I WONDER IF CORPORATE WEBSITES ARE ALWAYS DESIGNED POORLY ON PURPOSE TO KEEP THE CUSTOMERS EMOTIONAL AND CONFUSED SO AS TO BE SUSCEPTIBLE TO MANIPULATION ETC?)

ANYWAY YOU'D THINK A COMMUNICATIONS COMPANY WOULD DO BETTER OTHERWISE BLAH

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS AND FOR PUTTING UP WITH ME THOUGH

I'M GOING TO RETRY THE INSTALLATION NOW THAT I KNOW HOW TO UNINSTALL IF I NEED TO AGAIN

AND IF THAT DOESN'T WORK I WILL CALL VERIZON AND WAIT ON HOLD FOR HOURS UNTIL SOMEBODY DOESN'T HELP ME THERE EITHER HAHAHA

THEN I WILL LEAVE VERIZON AND WRITE NEGATIVE REVIEWS ABOUT THEM ON SOCIAL MEDIAS HEHEHE

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

No, $0

Skywarn
Enthusiast - Level 1
You are acting inappropriately and immature.
0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes