WHY CAN'T I GET VERIZON CLOUD APP TO WORK OR UNINSTALL FROM WINDOWS 10 2019
revnazaright
Enthusiast - Level 2

THE APP INSTALLED OK

I SIGNED IN BUT COULDN'T GET IT TO SYNC

I CLOSED IT AND TRIED REOPENING BUT IT ONLY TAKES ME TO A FOLDER NOT THE INTERFACE OF THE APP

THEN I GO TO UNINSTALL USING CCLEANER AND I CAN'T BECAUSE IT'S APPARENTLY STILL RUNNING 

I'VE RESTARTED  THE COMPUTER AND EVERYTHING

WHAT CAN I DO?

I'M NOT GOING TO LET MY COMPUTER CRASH BECAUSE YOUR APP IS FAULTY

BUT I WANT MY FILES

THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: WHY CAN'T I GET VERIZON CLOUD APP TO WORK OR UNINSTALL FROM WINDOWS 10 2019
richs007
Verizon Employee

When the Cloud app is running on a Windows PC, there will be a cloud icon in the lower right of your screen in the system tray.  Click it to show the cloud menu.  If you are not logged in to the app itself (the app may be running in the background to backup whatever backup folder you selected if you did that so it may ask you to sign in with a popup. )  Once you are signed in, click the Show Dashboard to actually open the app instead of your sync folder.  Once you are in the dashboard,  you can use this article to download the content to your computer: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-200364/

If you are not actually logged into the pc app and you click the cloud icon on your start menu, it will open the sync folder to allow you to put content into the cloud outside of the normal backup process.  But, it sounds like you aren't using the sync folder and just want to access what is already in the cloud.  To view it, you need to use the website.  But to download (restore in pc app language) content from the cloud that was put there by your mobile or other device, you would need to use the restore function described in the above article link.

On the website, you don't have to download it one by one.  You can select a group of things, say for example the entire month of October and download them into a single zip file.

One last comment.  You seemed frustrated that no one was responding to you.  This forum is primarily a self-help forum where other knowledgeable users like @Ann154 share their knowledge to help each other out.  The Verizon Customer Service team do assist when they can but they don't monitor the forums 24x7.  To get immediate relief, it's advisable to either call or use the chat function.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
revnazaright
Enthusiast - Level 2

I JUST GOT THE UNINSTALL TO WORK (I THINK I HOPE)

THERE WAS A BACKGROUND PROCESS WHICH WASN'T LISTED WITH THE MAIN PROCESSES (EVEN AFTER I DISABLED IT FROM STARTUP)

SOMEBODY SHOULD REALLY FIX THIS APP SO WE CAN ACTUALLY USE IT 

AND I STILL NEED MY FILES

THANKS AGAIN

0 Likes
revnazaright
Enthusiast - Level 2

IS THERE ANOTHER WAY TO BATCH DOWNLOAD MY WHOLE CLOUD?

OR ARE MY FILES HOSTAGE NOW?

AND HOW MUCH AM I PAYING FOR UNRETRIEVABLE FILES?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please don't use all caps for your posts. It is hard to read and looks like you are yelling at everyone. 

It has been recommended in the past to download your files from the Verizon Cloud in batches to prevent the process from hanging up. You can use the web site for Verizon Cloud to do this if the Windows application doesn't function properly. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We understand the importance of having access to your files stored in Verizon Cloud. We suggest you to review the information in the following link to synchronize your information and retrieve your files.

MariaV_VZW

0 Likes
richs007
Verizon Employee

I used to be on the cloud development team.  Allow me to clear up a couple misconceptions.

To download your cloud content, you should go to the Backup tab in the app and select the Restore option.  There you will see a familar windows 10 like hierarchy showing where the content was backed up from so you can select which content you would like to download to your computer.

The sync folder you refer to allows you to quickly sync content from your cloud across multiple devices.  Simply drop files into that folder and they will go to the cloud.  Celete them from the folder and they will be deleted from the cloud.  By design, this folder is not all of your cloud content which is a backup (i.e a copy) of what is in the cloud.

In order for the desktop app to keep your backup folders in sync with the cloud, as you found, it has to be running in the background.  By windows convention, you have to first stop any running services before you uninstall the app.

While the suggestions to download your content using the cloud website will serve your need, I actually prefer the desktop app because it doesn't have the forced logout security feature that the website imposes and it downloads individual files instead of a single large zip file to the default download location of your browser.  The desktop app gives you a little more control over what files are downloaded and where they are downloaded to.  It doesn't have any limitations that large zip files have caused for some customers.

0 Likes
revnazaright
Enthusiast - Level 2

HELLO IS THERE ANYBODY THERE?

0 Likes
revnazaright
Enthusiast - Level 2

I TYPE HOW I READ 

AND I'M CERTAINLY NOT YELLING

THANKS FOR IMPOSING YOUR GRAMMAR VIEWS ON ME

BUT THERE ARE DOZENS OF PRECEDENTS EVEN BEFORE COMPUTERS 

SO I WILL CONTINUE TO TYPE AS I READ THANKS AGAIN

0 Likes
revnazaright
Enthusiast - Level 2

I WISH THAT WAS ALL THERE WAS TO IT

BUT THE APP WOULD NOT ALLOW ME TO SYNC

NOR TO SIGN OUT

AND GOING TO THE WEBSITE TAKES FOREVER ONE BY ONE BY ONE ETC

PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO SIGN OUT WHEN THE APP ONLY GOES TO THE FOLDER AND NOT THE SETTINGS NOR ANY OTHER MENUS NOR FIELDS NOR INTERFACE?

0 Likes
revnazaright
Enthusiast - Level 2

NOTHING HERE HELPED ANY

THANKS FOR TRYING THOUGH

I'M JUST GOING TO HAVE TO LEAVE VERIZON

AND OF COURSE PUBLISH A BLOG ABOUT HOW THEY WOULDN'T ALLOW ME TO HAVE MY FILES LIKE GOOGLE AND FACEBOOK DO

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-79147/

0 Likes