Re: Verizon hides Samsung cloud!
tfay412
Enthusiast - Level 3

One of the things we as customers want to see is Verizon team up with their customers instead of their own pockets and allow the customer to choose what we want to use for cloud storage. I've tried Verizon cloud. It doesn't work. It fails to auto backup at scheduled times and picks and chooses what it wants to backup when it does go to work. The Verizon "premium services" is garbage and not even close to what Samsung offers in the Samsung Cloud. Why does Verizon feel they can pick and choose what services to block? Why is iCloud not blocked from iPhone in favor of the Verizon cloud? As customers of the most expensive wireless provider in the country, I feel we deserve an answer to this. Why can't we have Samsung Cloud?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tfay412, I know how important it is to back up your content and I want to ensure that you're able to access all your options. Please note that Verizon Cloud is an optional cloud service, and you are more than welcome to use the cloud service of your selection. To clarify, what happens when you try to use Verizon Cloud? What is the make and model of your device? I have included instructions for accessing Samsung Cloud here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00060518/

LorenzoP_VZW

0 Likes
MikeHolloway
Enthusiast - Level 1

There is no "Samsung account storage" listed in Quickshortcutmaker applications.  

DaEXfactoR
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too am considering leaving Verizon because of this aggressive attempt to lock you into an ecosystem. This is bad business. A very unhappy customer right now. 

Gslope3100
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am going to leave because of this as well.  I had been able to install the cloud app because Verizon's clould is elementary at best.  I have had to factory reset my phone and THEY PREVENT IT FROM BEING INSTALLED BY APK!!!!  I am starting to hate Verizon's greed for I have their clould as well, and as I have said it it total gargage!!!!

Gslope3100
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is my sentiment exactly!!!!!  I factory reset my device knowing I could sign back into Samsung cloud (I had installed the APK).  VERIZON BLOCKED ITS INSTALL!!!!  I am soooooo angry as just as you have mentioned, Verizon's Premium cloud is so inferior that it is laughable!!  With Samsung's cloud, all of my email apps and addresses are installed and functional, my home screens are just the way I left them, heck, I am even signed into the various wi-fi networks I use.  Verizon is so rudimentary,  I don't even give it a thought to back up anything even though through my plan, I pay for it.  

Gslope3100
Enthusiast - Level 3

Pleeeeeease let me know how.  Somehow, Verizon has blocked my ability to install the APK.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gslope3100, we absolutely want to make sure that you're able to access your Samsung Cloud account. Please tell us, what exactly happens when you try to install the app to your device? To be sure, what is the make and model of your phone? 

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes
jeremycg
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you! I USED quick shortcut maker, FOUND MY SAMSUNG CLOUD & BACKED UP MY PHONE. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Losing you from the Verizon Wireless family is not what we want at all, DaEXfactoR. We want you to be pleased with your device and the services it offers. That includes being able to access Samsung Cloud if you wish. Looking back in this thread, there is a suggestion offered by sgluther to gain access to the Samsung Cloud. You’ll find this on page 2 of the thread. Please let us know how things go, so others can benefit from the suggestion.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes