Verizon deleted all my photos with no warning
wendy503
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was aware Verizon had continually attempted to sell me a larger cloud service, but I was never notified Verizon was ending existing free cloud services.  This evening I received a notification on my phone that cloud service was removed from my account.  I immediately logged in to find all my pictures removed.  This is sub par service from a company whose service is all they have going for them (we pay handsomely for it). 

Labels (1)
Re: Verizon deleted all my photos with no warning
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you receive an email or text message from Verizon Wireless about a month ago about the Verizon Cloud? If so, did you actually read it?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

ILESHA16
Enthusiast - Level 1

HELP! PLEASE!

I just clicked on a notification from Verizon.

When I did this, it took me to a Verizon Service Agreement page (for terms of service) for the Cloud. I thought I needed to click on "Yes, I agree".

I did.

Now it's telling me I only have my contacts backed up!!!!!!

I have LOST all my pictures AND documents that I had uploaded to the cloud.

WHERE ARE THE?

I MUST GET THE BACK!

Please Help!

ILESHA16
Enthusiast - Level 1

Javier

Is there anyway to get my pictures back?

I NEVER received Any notice that this would happen.

Based on many other people saying that this also happened to them....I think there may be liability or?

I hope that you/ Verizon will find my photos and restore them to my account ASAP.

If I pay, what is the cost?

Thanks

Ilene [removed]

Flori Treasurer

[removed]

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The customer can also call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or *611 from their phone to reach a customer service representative.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

See if this helps:

Re: lost content

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I know a lot of people that use cloud services and put everything on it.

My kids and grandkids do this and I always hear them complain that they

either used a lot of their data to do this or that something wasn't there

that they know they had in there.I guess I am just ole fashion but I always

back everything up to the computer or a flash drive that are really cheap

now days.What type of phone do you have? If it is a android do you have

a backup to google on your phone?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If I use a cloud service, I would prefer not to have it tied to my cellular carrier.

richs007
Verizon Employee

For everyone asking about their Cloud content suddenly disappearing because they didn't upgrade from their free service to either 500G/1TB.

If you've had the Cloud service removed from your phone number because you didn't upgrade to 500GB or 1TB and it's been less than 30 days, you must:

• call support at 800-922-0204
  • Have them put 500GB or 1TB on your phone number
  • Have them "Unarchive" your content
  • Have them double check the unarchived content is in the storage size (500G/1T) that you asked them for.

Once they do that, if you don't seen the restored content in your mobile app, re-install it (or Clear data if you know what that means) to refresh the local database on the phone.

Emails were sent to the account owner's email address or record about 45 days prior to the removal of the cloud service from the impacted phone numbers and a text message was sent to the phone being impacted about 10 days prior.  One footnote: for people who lost it within the last week or two, you were originally scheduled to have it removed around the holidays but that was delayed until this last week.

0 Likes
KISSATEK
Enthusiast - Level 3

you did not remove your pictures, they were already gone. I got the same notification.

0 Likes