Verizon Message+ is not seeing cloud contacts and cloud contacts web page is down.
techfranz
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am using Message+ Enhanced Messaging in combination with Contacts in Verizon Cloud. Message+ Enhanced Messaging is not syncing any Contacts from Verizon Cloud. Will this be fixed so Enhanced Messaging can once again access my Verizon Cloud contacts.

If I go to https://web.vma.vzw.com/vma/web2/Message.do?s=RQDbTOvWlzW2rLQj# from the Verizon Messages Web Portal https://web.vma.vzw.com/vma/web2/Message.do?s=RQDbTOvWlzW2rLQj  it just says "The activity you are trying to perform is currently unavailable. Please try again later."

Will the COntacts feature be brought back online so it works with Message+?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Message+ is not seeing cloud contacts and cloud contacts web page is down.
jav6
Champion - Level 3

My profile login to the Verizon Cloud web page at this time does not show my backed up Contacts, but logging in using my associated phone number DOES.  This is not the norm.  This may be related to the issue you are seeing.  I chatted with a rep and they emailed tech support to open a ticket.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Message+ is not seeing cloud contacts and cloud contacts web page is down.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is to keep everything synced and organized Tekfranz, and I appreciate you reaching out with this concern. Are you able to access your Verizon Cloud through your device? Do you have the latest software version? Are both applications up to date?

MelissaP_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
techfranz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes the phone apps are up to date. I have both Message+ and Verizon Cloud installed.

However the Message+ Webpage https://web.vma.vzw.com/vma/web2/Message.do?s=gDus3V3LwxD2LDjJ  and the Windows Message+ Desktop App show no contacts.

The Desktop App keeps telling me to setup Backup Assistant, which has already been setup and my contacts backed up.

So it seems like the actual "Manage Contacts" web Page is down since it says "The activity you are trying to perform is currently unavailable. Please try again later."

0 Likes
techfranz
Enthusiast - Level 3

OK, yes the page does load fine from My Verizon. However I still have no contacts. My Phone however claims I have 120 Contacts backed up.

I am beginning to think the old and new cloud system are being run in tandem and they are not talking to each other.

0 Likes
techfranz
Enthusiast - Level 3

OK, I did a manual upload from my Phone and they now show in My Verizon > My Cloud & Media > Contacts. So that worked...Thanks!

But they still do not show in the Message+ Windows Desktop App.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am so glad that everything is now up and running. You said they were't showing up in the desktop application. Your contacts will not show up in your desktop application. If you have an active thread you are working with that contact will appear. Does this help clear things up for you? 

NicholeK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

You say 'Your contacts will not show up in your desktop application.' but that is NOT TRUE. Contacts ARE available in the desktop Message+ app:

0 Likes
techfranz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes and I keep getting this prompt as well on my Windows Desktop:

vzw_messages.png

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Are you using the profile/phone number login on the desktop Message+ app associated with the cloud content you want to see?

0 Likes