Verizon DELETED my Cloud!
greina
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I tried to access my Cloud content to move it before the free service expired, I was informed that my Cloud account had been closed and then deleted!  This was done without my knowledge or permission.  I have spoken with Michael in the Executive Communications Department twice, the last time being 2/22/18.  He basically told me he had done some digging and that I wouldn't understand what happened if he was able to tell me and that there was nothing he could do to get my pictures back.  And he had the nerve to tell me "at least you can remember your pictures."  Really???  How can I share that with my grandchildren???  I assumed that my pictures were backed up but no one seems to know where they are.  I am devastated and mad as <<removed>> that the place I put them for safekeeping with Verizon was so carelessly deleted.  It's funny though, they didn't delete my contacts or my text messages which I could care less about.  I need to know who I can speak to now because I am not done with this!

<< Content removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service >>

Labels (1)
Re: Verizon DELETED my Cloud!
vanetrisc_vzw
Verizon Employee

I know how precious those memories can be. I've sent you a private message to further help today. VanetrisC_VZW

0 Likes
DEWDROPSOFBLISS
Enthusiast - Level 1

They did the same thing to me. No call, email, text, letter, nothing. I have called numerous times in regards to it. I was told numerous things, but that my photos were gone, and there was nothing that they can do. I was furious. You rub me of years worth of photos, with out any warning, and all you can say is "sorry, nothing we can do". That's not okay. That's not even remotely right. It's awful what they have done, and I really think that once I'm done paying for the devices I have, I'm going to be switching carriers to one who actually care about their customers. The best word I can use is that they robbed me. I have been paying them for years. My phone bill is nearly 500 a month, and you'd think I'd receive some form of courtesy contact that they're about to take my cloud from me. But no. Verizon wanted that extra dollar, and they don't care who they have to <<removed>> over to get it. Including loyal customers who pay a large monthly amount for service. So their 5 dollars a month they wanted to try and pull from me is going to cost them 500 a month now, because once I'm done paying everything off, I'm pretty confident I'm going to leave. Unless they can make this right, because they did a large number of us so terribly wrong.

<< Content removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service >>

Sbinsted

0 Likes
Cheri12

I lost all my pictures in the Verizon cloud too. All the pictures of when my kids were little. I am devastated. I called Verizon & they told me the same thing. I is Not right!!! We trusted them.

0 Likes
Cheri12

Can you please help me with my pictures? They were pictures of my kids when thy were little. It was all I have. 

0 Likes
JasonB_VZW
Verizon Employee

if content was lost then there is a 30-day window to recover them in the system.  Please tap the "Send Feedback" button in the Cloud App's navigation menu, filling the information including the phone number of this account, and a tech will work with you directly to recover the content.
This is a timed issue, so the sooner you reach out the faster you get what was lost.  After 30 days, the content will be purged.

0 Likes
JasonB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Yes, we do.
Any time an account is downgraded or closed that has media saved, an SMS is sent to the phone alerting the user that their Cloud is closed and they have 30 days to act to recover their content.  Also, if the app is re-opened, the same message will be show on the home page with a count down until the archive is removed.
If a user then thaps the "Send Feedback" button, and supplies the Cloud Accoutn phone number associated to that line, a tech will reach out directly and work to recover that saved content (Typically it takes 48 hours for an archive to go from creation to being accessible).
These are two of the stop-gaps we have added to help prevent the accidental loss of one's Cloud Content, no matter if is the most precious memories of family, or 3.4GB of lunch photos.  All user content is to be recovered circumstances allowing. 

Cheri12

It wasn't w/30 days... It's been over a year that i have been saddened after talking with your rep that my pictures and videos that were in the verizon cloud are all gone.  I was just thinking that there was some hope after seeing others posting about the same issue.  I can't believe this happened and I have lost all trust with Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to hear about these being lost and never want you losing your trust in us.  It’s our goal to make sure we are doing everything we can to help.  There may be other solutions to this as well.  Can you tell us more about what occurred?  How were the pictures/videos saved (just Verizon Cloud, iCloud, on computer, etc.)?  What devices were these on?

SeanC_VZW

0 Likes