Verizon Cloud
SixthWhit
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I signed up for my Verizon service I was told I had a Verizon Cloud account for 25 GB for free. Now I can't find that cloud and when I load the Verizon Cloud app on my phone it says I am starting afree trial of 500GB.

What happend to my existing 25 GB account?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Cloud
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SicthWhit, it is vital to always have your content backed up, so you never lose important information or memories. We did use to offer 25GB of Verizon Cloud space for free, but that has expired. Currently, we have the 500GB of Verizon Cloud storage with a 30-day free trial; a more ample amount for storage these days. Take a look here for more information: http://spr.ly/66001nwOq.      EricaG_VZW

View solution in original post

jav6
Champion - Level 3

When did you sign up for Verizon service?  The free Verizon Cloud service was replaced months ago by a subscription service if you want more than Contacts backed up.  You can still have the 'Free' Cloud, but only for Contacts.  Customers were notified that their free Cloud storage was going away and to preserve their stored data, they would have to download or subscribe to the new subscription service.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SicthWhit, it is vital to always have your content backed up, so you never lose important information or memories. We did use to offer 25GB of Verizon Cloud space for free, but that has expired. Currently, we have the 500GB of Verizon Cloud storage with a 30-day free trial; a more ample amount for storage these days. Take a look here for more information: http://spr.ly/66001nwOq.      EricaG_VZW

me173
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm late to this party, but I'm seeing the same thing. Just received a letter offering Premium Cloud for $5.99 for the first month. Disappointing that there was no mention of the real cost ($12.99/mo or $156/yr). Our extra storage is gone (and we paid extra for it). Can't tell if the extra cost is gone, but I'd guess so. Disappointed for sure, but mostly with the deceptive correspondence. There are less expensive options out there that aren't contingent on staying with a particular phone service. 

0 Likes
richs007
Verizon Employee

Hi @me173 , 

If you have only 1 line on your account, you will only see the $5.99 monthly charge for 500GB of storage, not $12.99.  If you have more than one mobile line on your account, then you can elect the sharable cloud option to allow those mobile numbers to share 2TB, 4x storage for only $12.99 per month.

If the Cloud service was already removed, probably not if you just received the notification, then the there shouldn't be any charge.  You can confirm that by going into your verizonwireless account on the verizonwireless.com website.  If you were paying for extra storage, you should not be impacted.  They are only notifying customers who still have the discontinued free cloud storage tiers that are not on a wireless plan where the cloud service is included/discounted.

Verizon Cloud isn't contingent on having Verizon Wireless as your carrier.  If you currently have Verizon Cloud, please go into your cloud app, go to settings and go to My account and update your profile with an email address so we can contact you should you ever leave Verizon Wireless with instructions on how to reactivate your cloud content on a the new carrier.  There seems to be a misconception out there that once you leave Verizon Wireless, you can access your cloud content for 30 days.  That can only happen if you add an email address to your Verizon Cloud profile.

0 Likes
Tinarmr

OMG. Can someone help? I received the letter that my free Verizon Cloud service will expire in a few weeks. I have gone online to sign up for the Verizon Cloud 500 GB service for $5 per month and I CANNOT SIGN UP FOR IT. I click "Get it now" and nothing happens. What is the problem? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tinarmr, I’m sorry to hear you’re running into issues trying to sign up for the Verizon Cloud service. Are you receiving any errors or messages when trying to sign up for the service? Are you trying to sign up through the mobile app or through a computer?

MarkP_VZW

0 Likes
Tinarmr

Trying to sign up on a computer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Have you tried going through the Verizon Cloud app on your device? -BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes