Re: Verizon Cloud
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to back up your messages is a must Archy.VA. What messaging application are you using on the device? Have you tried enabling all function to see if that gets it to back up?

AlbertoR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ARCHY_VA
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have marked your reply as non-helpful because the subject of this string AND my screenshots both show that we're referring to Verizon cloud. And EWNEU even stated that it had been happening for about a week.

Your response doesn't seem to care about the issue, just about trolling posts and making responses. Does Verizon support have any real solutions for us?

I've shown an example screenshot of the error message in Verizon Cloud and proof that SMS permissions are granted. I've already reloaded the app (uninstalled and then updated), I've also removed the SMS permission and then readded it. THE VERIZON CLOUD APP IS BROKEN ON A VERIZON ANDROID PHONE.

And if both @AlbertoR_VZW and @MichelleS_VZW just want to troll posts and ask redundant questions (redundant because they have already been answered if the post was read in its entirety) that do nothing to further resolution of our issue, then I must complain to the corporate office, or whoever else I can, about the poor quality of support.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ARCHY.VA, we are committed to getting this resolved. You mentioned you are able to back up phone calls with no problem how are you going through the application to just back up the phone calls. Do you get the error message when you select ‘Back Up Now’? Please provide the exact steps you are taking when you get the message.

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ARCHY_VA
Enthusiast - Level 3

tionnab_vzw​ Initially when the problem started, when SMS had already been selected, it would error when attempting to "backup now." But now that I have reloaded the app and cleared the cache/data, I get the message in the screenshot when I just click on "Messages" to back them up.

ARCHY_VA
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here is the screen in the Verizon Cloud app where I get the error message I provided earlier.2017-10-29 10.30.48.jpg

himarca
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think I figured it out. If you look at the screenshots that ARCHY.VA included in conversation 6, it tells you to turn on the SMS permission (which is already on for all of us). I turned on all the other items as well - text in the first screenshot and then camera/location/microphone in the second screenshot. Not sure which of those things fixed it, but I am no longer getting the message...

0 Likes
ARCHY_VA
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm glad to hear it's better for you himarca​. But were you backing up messages to begin with?

As of today, I'm still having the issues on my Note8...

I've also rebooted my phone in an attempt to get that to help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry that you are still having the same issues ARCHY.VA. Not to worry, I am confident that we will figure this out. Just to clarify, did you turned on all the other items as well like himarca?

Just a heads up, we are investigating this issue with the Note 8 and will reply when additional information is available.

RyanC_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
EWNEU
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ryan,

Please ensure this issue is investigated on the S8 as well. We are weeks into this problem and there's no change. About twice a day I get this notification from Cloud. I've tried clearing the app data, disabling and re-enabling the app, and resetting all of the available permissions all to no avail. This is clearly a bug with either the latest version of the app or the phone's OS. I'd be happy to submit detailed diagnostics information if it would aid in finding and squashing this bug.

Thanks,

Eric

0 Likes
ryanc_vzw
Verizon Employee

Thank you for your patience. While we are working on the issue. Please uninstall the updates (Settings > Apps > App Manager) and let us know if that fixes the issue.

RyanC_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes