Re: Verizon Cloud for Desktop Manifest Error
questioner5

A correction to my earlier post:  When I said "just installed Microsoft's February patches" that should have been "January's patches".  Because 1} it is not February yet and 2} there will not be a February patch for Windows 7!

Dbgoodiv:  I encourage you to contact the developers directly.  That is what I did and they have been communicating with me privately through e-mail.  We are only in the early stages where they wanted me to start fresh (uninstall, reboot, re-download software, install, test), so no change to my situation yet.  

dexman:  You might be on to something as the developers did make the statement "I am suspicious of the source URL being via snapchat."

0 Likes
JasonB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Seems this fails on Line 1, Position 1 from the logs where 'tr.snapchat...' is referenced.  This is not a previously encountered situation and we are looking in to a reason.  This thread will be updated once better information is available.
For anyone else seeing this error, please message diretly to the Cloud Support email address "[email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service]" where a 1:1 exchange can be held.

==========begin log============

Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of https://tr.snapchat.com/cm/s?pnid=100&cb=1579293789919 resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Exception reading manifest from https://tr.snapchat.com/cm/s?pnid=100&cb=1579293789919: the manifest may not be valid or the file could not be opened.
+ Invalid character in the given encoding. Line 1, position 1.

===========end log============

0 Likes
bell1234

im having the same exact issue what did u find out with it ? seems very suspect indeed!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear about the issue with the Verizon Cloud for Desktop application, bell1234. We definitely want a smooth experience for you and we're happy to help. However, while I understand that you are having similar issues, can you provide more detail about what specifically you are seeing so that we can be sure that you are seeing the same things as others have reported? Can you relay the exact error message? Is everything up to date?

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
questioner5

Bell1234,

As the original poster, I sympathize with you.  I have been dealing with this error since mid-January.  Perhaps something will be done as more users report this problem.

My error is the same as the error reports shown in my first few posts.  The only good news is that the program still works after getting two error messages.  The first one appears when I launch the program.  A second one appears after I sign in.  From that point, the program works error free.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It concerns us to hear that you are still having these issues. We know that much time has passed already, and we will be glad to make sure that this gets corrected. By any chance, have you tried to remove, and re-install the application to see if the issue continues? DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
questioner5

DavidR,

Thanks for your reply.  I have just now been able to respond.  Right after your reply, when I tried to login to the community, I would get this error:

HTTP Status 500 -

type Status report

description The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

Now that I can finally login, here is my reply:  

Yes, and I just removed and re-installed just now with no change. In fact the software version is the same: 17.3.1.34 and all files in the install folder have a date of Feb 23, 2018. Here is the error log file:

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 6.1.7601.65536 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.42000
System.Deployment.dll : 4.8.3761.0 built by: NET48REL1
clr.dll : 4.8.4069.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
dfdll.dll : 4.8.3761.0 built by: NET48REL1
dfshim.dll : 4.0.41209.0 (Main.041209-0000)

SOURCES
Deployment url : https://tr.snapchat.com/cm/s?pnid=100&cb=1590184885046

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of https://tr.snapchat.com/cm/s?pnid=100&cb=1590184885046 resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Exception reading manifest from https://tr.snapchat.com/cm/s?pnid=100&cb=1590184885046: the manifest may not be valid or the file could not be opened.
+ Invalid character in the given encoding. Line 1, position 1.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [5/22/2020 6:01:25 PM] : Activation of https://tr.snapchat.com/cm/s?pnid=100&cb=1590184885046 has started.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [5/22/2020 6:01:27 PM] System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (ManifestParse)
- Exception reading manifest from https://tr.snapchat.com/cm/s?pnid=100&cb=1590184885046: the manifest may not be valid or the file could not be opened.
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.ManifestReader.FromDocument(String localPath, ManifestType manifestType, Uri sourceUri)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestDirectBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl, Uri& deploymentUri)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
--- Inner Exception ---
System.Xml.XmlException
- Invalid character in the given encoding. Line 1, position 1.
- Source: System.Xml
- Stack trace:
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.InvalidCharRecovery(Int32& bytesCount, Int32& charsCount)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.GetChars(Int32 maxCharsCount)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ReadData()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.SwitchEncoding(Encoding newEncoding)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseXmlDeclaration(Boolean isTextDecl)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Deployment.Application.ManifestValidatingReader.XmlFilteredReader.Read()
at System.Xml.XsdValidatingReader.Read()
at System.Deployment.Application.ManifestReader.FromDocument(String localPath, ManifestType manifestType, Uri sourceUri)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.

0 Likes