Verizon Cloud errors
upgdot

I have almost a year's worth of photos which are stored on my Verizon Cloud account, which were deleted from my phone a few months ago when it unceremoniously died.

Today is my first chance to sit down and try to download my cloud back from the servers, and on every end (PC and phone) I am getting errors (oops something went wrong!). In looking at these boards, it seems like this has been an issue for months. Can anyone confirm that after receiving these messages their data did still exist on the servers whenever they did feel like functioning? A lot of very important photos (of my now 1 year old baby) are on this server, and am getting pretty concerned with the thought of this service crapping out.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Cloud errors
RDTPenn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just found out I'm in DC8.  Brand new LG G6 phone (thanks to the Boot Loop nightmare LG G4).  No help from phone or chat support other than "they're working on it".  No timeline for a fix.  January?  It was implied that the problem may have been from early June 2017.

All  I really want is the "contacts" list.  Can't even get that, although I can see it and look at it from the phone.  It's in the cloud somewhere.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Upgdot, I apologize for this inconvenience. I know how important it is to have these memories backed up and we certainly don't want you to lose them. We can certainly look into this further and see what is causing this issue. I have sent you a Private Message so we can continue working on this and get additional information.

GersonG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tballew14
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the exact same issue. When I try to access through verizonwireless.com it says "oops something went wrong" When I try to access through my phone it says "cloud performance optimization initializing. You will be able to view your cloud content shortly" it just has a spinning ring that never goes away no matter how long you wait.  

yotarolla73
Contributor - Level 1

Good luck!

For a lot of us here, this issue has been ongoing since early January......approaching 6 months with no cloud and no assurances that my 12+GB of pictures/videos will ever be accessible again.

0 Likes
yotarolla73
Contributor - Level 1

welcome to the verizon hates us club.

because verizon hates us and has failed to fix a server and get our data back for almost 6 months now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tballew14, I regret to learn you've not been able to access your cloud content. While there is an ongoing issue impacting some of us, it's not impacting everyone. We don't want to assume you're included without some additional details. When did this issue first begin for you? Have you tried accessing the cloud since this occurred and is it rendering the same result?

EbonyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want you to feel this way. We want to make sure to look at all of these issues. How long has this been going on? Are you seeing the issue on both the mobile application and the website? We can also look deeper into the issue. Has a ticket been created for any of these cases? Have you had any contact with Technical Support?

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!  

0 Likes
RDTPenn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just found out I'm in DC8.  Brand new LG G6 phone (thanks to the Boot Loop nightmare LG G4).  No help from phone or chat support other than "they're working on it".  No timeline for a fix.  January?  It was implied that the problem may have been from early June 2017.

All  I really want is the "contacts" list.  Can't even get that, although I can see it and look at it from the phone.  It's in the cloud somewhere.

0 Likes
tionnab_vzw
Verizon Employee

RDTPenn, I understand wanting your content from the cloud. We have a small amount of customers currently experiencing issues with our cloud service. Rest assured all your data is safe and will be available once the service is back online. We are working hard to resolve the issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing.

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes