Verizon Cloud: Thumbnails Disappear When Editing Contact Entries
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

This quirk has been going on for a while, but, I've simply shrugged it off until now.

I've noticed when editing entries in the cloud, the associated thumbnail image disappears when changes are saved. The work around is either go back into edit mode and re-add the image, or, re-add the image before saving the changes.

Now, the details.....

This has been happening for quite a while. It can be reproduced on multiple devices running Windows 10.

So, it is NOT a device specific issue.

All of the Windows 10 devices I have access to are current, and have gone through multiple OS updates since this issue was first discovered.

So, it is NOT related to a specific version of Windows 10.

Access to the contact list is via the appropriate Verizon Wireless webpage due to Verizon Wireless has long stopped supporting the My Verizon Mobile app found in the Microsoft App Store. It doesn't matter how much...or how little...data comprises any given contact entry. Edit the entry without doing a dummy update to the thumbnail and the image will disappear when saving any changes.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Cloud: Thumbnails Disappear When Editing Contact Entries
seanc_vzw
Verizon Employee

Being able to edit your contacts in the Verizon Cloud without any issues is so important.  Let’s go over this in more detail together.  What device is this currently happening on?  What changes were made around the time this first started or has it always been like this?

SeanC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the
Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

This happens on fully updated Microsoft Surface 3, Pro 3, Book 2, Go and Laptop.

When it started isn't entirely known. As stated above, all devices have undergone OS updates over time.

Because the problem happens across multiple units, it is not an issue with any one specifically.

0 Likes
adamg_vzw
Verizon Employee

dexman,

We appreciate the additional information. Additionally, can you clarify your last statement in your original post. Are you accessing Verizon Cloud to edit contacts through the application or through a browser on these devices?

AdamG_VZW

Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I am accessing via a browser due to the Verizon Wireless's "My Verizon" app in the Microsoft Store is no longer functional.

I am using Microsoft Edge.

0 Likes
adamg_vzw
Verizon Employee

dexman,

We appreciate the clarification. Have you attempted to clear your current browsers cache and cookies in effort to resolve the issue? Do you experience the same issue when using an alternate browser?

AdamG_VZW

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes. All cookies, cache files are kept clean. As a reminder, this is happening on five different Windows 10 devices. Therefore the cause is not any one unit itself.

Because the problem does not involve a mobile device, any _vzw rep can attempt to duplicate it by using a Windows 10 computer to edit a contact list using Microsoft Edge via the URL.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I also tried to edit a contact using Internet Explorer. Same result. The thumbnail picture disappeared. So, that makes two browsers experiencing the same problem across multiple devices.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

dexman wrote:

I also tried to edit a contact using Internet Explorer. Same result. The thumbnail picture disappeared. So, that makes two browsers experiencing the same problem across multiple devices.

If I have read through this thread fully, it sounds like you have tried to make the edits on Edge or Internet Explorer browsers. Have you tried Chrome or Firefox to test if the same error occurs with those browsers?

As I don't use the Verizon Cloud, can you make contact edits through the Cloud app on the phone? If you make edits to contacts on the phone itself with the contacts/people app, do those changes sync with the Verizon Cloud online correctly?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hi Ann!

None of the devices have Chrome or Firefox installed...(out of necessity, I installed Chrome on a pair of desktops that run XP and the browser makes both computers run slower than molasses flowing uphill). I haven't used Firefox before.

With Microsoft's announcement that it will be using Chrome as the foundation for a new Edge browser it is only a matter of time before I see if the browser behaves with Chrome.

I haven't used the Cloud app to attempt to edit the list. As I get older, I'm finding it more difficult to use my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge's onscreen keyboard. Tons of mistakes.

I will give it a shot though. see how it goes and post the results.  

Still, the use of the browser is unavoidable for using Windows-based devices given that Verizon Wireless no longer offers a suitable app in the Microsoft Store.

0 Likes