Verizon Cloud Desktop Application
RainbowGirl83

So, I downloaded the Verizon Cloud Desktop Application and when I go to "Sync" it says it can't connect. Here's a screen shot of what I'm getting.  Can anyone help me solve this problem? I've had it for 3 days.Untitled.png

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Cloud Desktop Application
richs007
Verizon Employee

Please forward that screenshot and your mobile number over to the developers mailbox at verizoncloud@ verizonwireless.com.  They obviously aren't working today but they will look into it tomorrow.

Also include any details like:

• can you access your cloud from the cloud website (cloud.verizonwireless.com) or your mobile phone?
  • Is it only the sync folder that is having problems (can you restore a file from the cloud to your computer under the backup tab?)
  •  
0 Likes
RainbowGirl83

Done. I sent an email. I'm hoping they can get this problem fixed. I even added an exception to my firewall, but that didn't help either. 

0 Likes
richs007
Verizon Employee

I see you can access it from the website, let them know if you can access it from your mobile phone?  Trying to rule out an authentication error of some sort.  The website uses a different authentication method.

Also let them know if you can download content from the website.  

Try restoring something with the desktop application and let them know the result of that as well.

The sync folder is a unique portion of the cloud desktop app in that it is an immediate action of putting things in or takings out of the cloud so that code is a bit different than the backup/restore functions in the mobile app which is why it would help them to figure out wher the issue might lie.  

After doing that, if you want to send them the logs from the desktop app, that would help them too.  On Windows PCs, the logs are in a hidden folder on your computer under C:\Users\<userlogin>\AppData\Local\Verizon\Verizon Cloud where <userlogin> is the userid you are logged into your computer with, not the cloud.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@richs007, Rich, you seem a bit more technical than other agents.  What can you tell us about the Message+ sync issue and what the Messaging Team is doing?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
richs007
Verizon Employee

@jav6 - I'm not familiar with that issue.  In general, as I understand the Message+/Cloud interaction, if the text messages are between 2 Message+ users, it defaults to "chat" mode which doesn't store the messages in the normal device repository so cloud can't back them up.  Does that answer your question?

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Thanks, Rich.  It gives some more insight into the problem.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes