VZ cloud
CHAWIL56
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why are we being asked to either upgrade to premium VZ cloud or lose all our data and photos that are saved on VZ cloud?  When I looked into this is boils down to being forced to pay for our cloud or lose it.  Does that also mean that when we change phones our phone info such as contacts, etc. won't be able to transfer?  CONFUSED and FRUSTRATED 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: VZ cloud
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

As I understand it, contacts will still be backed up, regardless if you opt for paid storage or not.  You will only pay if you want to store things other than your contact list, like photos, videos, music, documents, etc.

Tikibar1 made an excellent suggestion - use Google, OneDrive, DropBox, iTunes, or other cloud services instead for all your data. It's carrier independent and accessible from multiple devices. 

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CHAWIL56, we certainly didn't mean to confuse or frustrate you. Due to growing demand for cloud storage, customers on free accounts are being directed to move to premium storage for as low as $5 per month. You will have to update the feature or the free account will be deleted along with its content. If you re-enroll soon you can have 1 terabyte of storage for only $5.00. That is much more space than you can ever need.

MarcusS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are other (free) options; you could download all your info. to one of those and not have your backups tied to a specific phone carrier.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Even with the new default no cost option, contacts only will be backed up in the Verizon Cloud.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

As I understand it, contacts will still be backed up, regardless if you opt for paid storage or not.  You will only pay if you want to store things other than your contact list, like photos, videos, music, documents, etc.

Tikibar1 made an excellent suggestion - use Google, OneDrive, DropBox, iTunes, or other cloud services instead for all your data. It's carrier independent and accessible from multiple devices. 

richs007
Verizon Employee

CHAWIL56​ - we don't want you to be confused and frustrated.  If you don't upgrade to either 500GB or 1TB, your photos, videos, music, text messages and call logs will not be saved to the cloud any longer but you can continue to backup contacts so that when you change phones your contacts will follow you.

0 Likes