The Cloud
Adahl66

Hi!

I'm new to the community and I feel out of my depth. I have a Stylo 5 that I recently purchased.  The Cloud shows 404 calls 627 texts. I don't know how to remove those saved call and texts from the cloud. I would like to prevent calls/texts from going to the cloud on future backups.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please use layman's terms as I'm not technically inclined.

Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: The Cloud
JasonB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Adahl66, and thank you for choosing Verizon Cloud.
You do not need to cancel your Verizon Cloud to stop the backup of Calls and Messages.  These are referred to as "Data Classes" in the App's FAQ and other directions, and in the premium Cloud subscriptions you can determine which ones the Cloud will backup/Sync.

1) Open the Settings page in the Cloud app (Navigation Menu, and the gear icon at the top)
2) On that page you will see "What to Back Up".  Tap this.
3) There are check boxes for all the available Data Classes to Sync/Back Up on Cloud.  You may de-select Messages and Call Logs here.

The messages in Cloud will remain in there until you re-enable the Data Class and run a backup again (Manualy backups may be done from the Home Page of Cloud by tapping the Cloud Icon in the top right).

Some Notes on Messages vs. Media in Verizon Cloud (Sync Service vs. Backup):
Media on your device (Music, Pictures, etc) will back up to Cloud, in that a copy is made and if you delete on your device the Cloud still keeps that copy until you choose to remove it from there as well. Great for saving space on your Device.
Messages will back up to Cloud initially, but if you delete some messages on your device those same messages will also be deleted in the Cloud on the next backup.  This is a Sync Service, and something Verizon is required to do for Messages when a user chooses to delete this type of content.  So if you delete messages on your device and then run a backup, they are gone from Cloud, too.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Adahl66, congratulations on your new phone! We're right here to help. The Verizon Cloud app will continue to show the number of calls & texts that you have backed up. You will need to de-activate & not use the Verizon Cloud if you do not want to see this or use this as your backup option. We hope that you do have an alternate back up method since you do not want to use the Verizon Cloud. We wouldn't want to see you lose any of your phone content. 

To cancel your Verizon Cloud subscription:
1.) Open the Verizon Cloud app.
2.) Tap the Menu icon in the top left.
3.) Tap Settings.
4.) Tap My Account.
5.) Tap Delete My Account.
6.) Tap the Yes, I want to delete my account button.

Does this information help? If it does not, can you please let us know what else we can help with? AliciaD_VZW

0 Likes
JasonB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Adahl66, and thank you for choosing Verizon Cloud.
You do not need to cancel your Verizon Cloud to stop the backup of Calls and Messages.  These are referred to as "Data Classes" in the App's FAQ and other directions, and in the premium Cloud subscriptions you can determine which ones the Cloud will backup/Sync.

1) Open the Settings page in the Cloud app (Navigation Menu, and the gear icon at the top)
2) On that page you will see "What to Back Up".  Tap this.
3) There are check boxes for all the available Data Classes to Sync/Back Up on Cloud.  You may de-select Messages and Call Logs here.

The messages in Cloud will remain in there until you re-enable the Data Class and run a backup again (Manualy backups may be done from the Home Page of Cloud by tapping the Cloud Icon in the top right).

Some Notes on Messages vs. Media in Verizon Cloud (Sync Service vs. Backup):
Media on your device (Music, Pictures, etc) will back up to Cloud, in that a copy is made and if you delete on your device the Cloud still keeps that copy until you choose to remove it from there as well. Great for saving space on your Device.
Messages will back up to Cloud initially, but if you delete some messages on your device those same messages will also be deleted in the Cloud on the next backup.  This is a Sync Service, and something Verizon is required to do for Messages when a user chooses to delete this type of content.  So if you delete messages on your device and then run a backup, they are gone from Cloud, too.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good afternoon Adahl66! As a valued customer, your account concerns are our concerns too. We thank you for visiting our wonderful forum and you'll see that we're always here to assist our customers anytime. Our team member, JasonB_VZW provided fantastic information to assist you with deselecting your Call History and Messages from backing up when using Verizon Cloud. You'll also find our website very helpful to view additional information about Verizon Cloud at https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-cloud-faqs/. - RobertC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes