Re: Retrieve Deleted Photos from Verizon Cloud.
richs007
Verizon Employee

For everyone asking about their Cloud content suddenly disappearing because they didn't upgrade from their free service to either 500G/1TB.

If you've had the Cloud service removed from your phone number because you didn't upgrade to 500GB or 1TB and it's been less than 30 days, you must:

• call support at 800-922-0204
  • Have them put 500GB or 1TB on your phone number
  • Have them "Unarchive" your content
  • Have them double check the unarchived content is in the storage size (500G/1T) that you asked them for.

Once they do that, if you don't seen the restored content in your mobile app, re-install it (or Clear data if you know what that means) to refresh the local database on the phone.

edwinolivo

It's been over a year since I lost my photos on Verizon Cloud. Are they gone forever?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to hear your pictures were removed with Verizon Cloud, Edwinolivo. Once the pictures are removed, we would not be able to retrieve them. Did you by chance back up your device any other way?

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
Amber96
Enthusiast - Level 1

And if it's been more than 30 days we just don't matter? I received no warning of this and didn't know until trying to access stuff from a older phone. Way to give us the middle finger Verizon. 

dfkaczan
Enthusiast - Level 2

1000% agree - i am beyond angry with Verizon about this - photos of loved ones and memories are  among the most important things in life - you had 30 days to call and jump thru hoops to have them restore it - get this...i called and they restored it FOR THE 30 DAY FREE TRIAL and then deleted them all over again - i didn't look at my cloud until around 40 days later and everything was gone once again - i called and they were like 'so sorry those photos are irretrievable now' 

thanks Verizon

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand how precious photos can be dfkaczan. I would love to help in any way I can. We're sorry to hear your pictures were removed with Verizon Cloud. Did you by chance back up your device any other way? AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
dfkaczan
Enthusiast - Level 2

i'm in IT and had the photos on 'your cloud' as well as on my phone - until my phone broke - i got a new phone and that's when i found out the cloud pics were gone. - AGAIN. 

there has GOT to be an archive "somewhere" on your cloud servers - even after you deleted all your customers photos - beyond 30 days - this is what frustrates me almost as much as your deleting the pics TWICE.   your own support can't properly escalate this to L2 or L3 tech support (server level) in order to pull the deleted data AFTER the 30 days - i'm pretty certain verizon wouldn't permanently delete 10's of thousands or more customers photos even beyond 30 days.

please get me in touch with level 2 or level 3 server support

richs007
Verizon Employee

Hi @dfkaczan ,

For starters, I'm not customer support. I am on the cloud development team.  No one likes to learn their precious memories are gone so I can appreciate your frustration and anger with us.  

While it seems unimaginable, but if support told you the archive is not availble then the content was physically deleted.   

Something doesn't sound quite right with your report.  When support restored the free trial service to your mobile number, did they also restore the archived content for you?  If not, then that would explain why it seems like it was deleted again.  If you send your mobile number to the devloper inbox verizoncloud@verizonwireless.com I can try to figure out what happened.

0 Likes
richs007
Verizon Employee

deleted duplicate post.

0 Likes
dfkaczan
Enthusiast - Level 2

thanks - i have just sent an. email to the inbox as you directed.

Daryl

0 Likes