Restoring previously lost cloud data?
Narco
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'll try to make this as short as possible, so here goes.

I'm aware of Verizon deleting all cloud data that was not backed up some time ago, and i'm one of those people that lost their data as well because i didn't see the notifications about it at the time. I made multiple attempts to get my data recovered from Verizon to no avail, and considered it a lost cause.

Well, last night  i was  digging through some old boxes and found one of my old cell phones, a Samsung Galaxy S8 to be specific. I've since switched phones no telling how many times, and phone numbers just as many. Wondering what is on the old phone, i charge it up and take a look.

Upon opening Verizon cloud and to my surprise, all of my old data that was previously lost is still there and intact, i can click on pictures and everything too. My best guess is this is strictly due to my phone being so old, and lacking any new updates from any apps, and it's caught in a sort of limbo right now.

My question is, does anyone have any ideas on how i can retrieve the data from this point? The Cloud user ID is an old phone number, so whenever i try to "Merge content" between Verizon cloud accounts, it doesn't recognize either, because they're the same account (obviously)

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Restoring previously lost cloud data?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Narco, we are here to help. Have you tried backing up your old cloud while connected to Wi-Fi?

CheyenneS_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Narco
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm attempting that now, hopefully it works.

I've only tried a few methods and none have worked so far due to every action i attempt, it prompts me to login to my Verizon cloud account (which on the old phone, is a mobile number i no longer use, and is not an option)

0 Likes
Narco
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately that did not work. i attempted to do a back up from my old device, and it starts to do one, but then fails a short time later

0 Likes
edwardl_vzw
Verizon Employee

Yikes, that is not good to hear Narco, no worries we haven't given up. Based on your description your information is on the app on your old phone but not actually on the cloud server. If the information is not on the cloud server, you will not be able to restore it (from the server) to your current phone. However,  there are many phone to phone transfer methods, so all may not be lost. For example, Samsung has a transfer tool see here https://www.samsung.com/us/smart-switch/. What type of phone do you currently have? Have you tried transferring your items from the old phone to a PC (see here https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-211299/), then from that to your current phone?

EdwardL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question, please click the  Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes