Random Error Text
Jrif
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received a text message that you, Verizon, deleted my content and everything that I had saved on the cloud by “Error”  With no other exclamation or where to go from here, what am I supposed to do to retrieve all that now ? I had years & years of photos & Content saved to have you just ”oops” erased  it with no explanation is unacceptable. I have Tried to get anybody from Verizon to contact me back after my initial message but have yet to hear from anybody except one who told me that I at least have the memory of All of my long lost photos. Seriously? If I said that at my job to a customer I would be fired.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Random Error Text
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jrif,

We know how important backups are. Help has arrived.

What options/instructions were provided in the message you received?

What happens when you sign in to your Cloud account?

KatiM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jrif
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was provided with no directions or instructions whatsoever.  When I sign on it says I have no content under any of it saved, absolutely nothing so after reading everybody else’s advice they got I resigned on and was hoping it would be there but the only thing it started to do was back up my current stuff that’s on my phone now,  which is not what I need . And thank you for actually getting back to me I appreciate that

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate that information, Jrif. How long ago did you receive that text message? What happened was, the trial/free version of Verizon Cloud was Grandfathered, and any Cloud accounts that weren't actively been being used were deleted after a certain amount of inactivity. Depending on how long ago this happened, there's a chance that we can recover the content, with a proper subscription. 

LeoL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jrif
Enthusiast - Level 2

The text message  I received was on May 2nd .. And no nothing was grandfathered in and I was never given an option to do anything with my account, this is the exact text message I received stating it was your error,  not mine from Any other messages warning that I  neeed to do anything with the content in there completely your error you guys said it so now I’m paying the price for it

0 Likes
Jrif
Enthusiast - Level 2

FREE VZW MSG: We apologize. Your free VZ Cloud svc & content was deleted due to an error. Account owner has details. Back up your phone:

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I completely understand how upsetting it is to lose irreplaceable information and photos, so we definitely want to do whatever possible to help. According to the text above, you are not named as account owner, so we have to speak to whomever has that role. To gain access to the account you have to be authorized as an account manager or account owner. You can see the number of the account owner online at My Verizon and by clicking on profile. After we are able to access your account, we can search our system to recover your lost content. To add account managers please click here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/assign-account-manager-roles-faqs/#item5

TinaN_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes