Phone line and Photos deleted
ADW5

I called Verizon to cancel a line on my account, only one line out of four. After they did this I learned they cancelled my line by mistake and not the one I requested. Because of this i lost 17 years of photos from Verizon cloud as they say once a line has been cancelled the cloud associated to that number is permanently deleted. I lost all my grandchildren pictures, pictures of my mom, my wife, places we have gone and much more. This was not a mistake by me rather by Verizon. I can not get these pictures back and its years of memories gone. Anything I can do about this? Negligence of Verizon.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Phone line and Photos deleted
richs007
Verizon Employee

Keep in mind this is primarily a user-helping-user forum so you shoudn't be sharing any account specific information.

Is it possible they are referring to Apple's iCloud?  We (Verizon) don't have any ability to do anything with Apple's iCloud service.

If you are certain it's Verizon Cloud, then send an email to the developers (verizoncloud @verizonwireless.com) with the mobile number that was impacted and they could sort it out for you.  Perhaps it was removed more than 30 days ago and you weren't aware of it until you ran into the disconnect error.  The developers will be happy to dig into it for you.  

View solution in original post

mama23dogs
Legend

Don’t ever use a private cloud storage.   
I doubt the cloud storage is purged yet.  Get your number back and cross your fingers.  

0 Likes
ADW5

I got my number back within 20 minutes but being they deactivated the number and then turned it back on Verizon said the cloud deleted all my pictures immediately and can not retrieve them.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to get your photos back. Has it been less than 30 days since the disconnect occurred?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
ADW5

Yes it was yesterday 2/15/2030. They fixed the line and turned it back on but the cloud has been deleted.

0 Likes
richs007
Verizon Employee

When a number with the cloud service is disconnected, the cloud content is archived for 30 days just to avoid situations like this.

Customer service can restore your archived content as long as there was an active cloud feature o n the mobile number number when it was disconnected.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the answer we appreciate your input richs_vzw Please let us know if we can assist with anything else.

RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes
ADW5

I seen this and read this however every time I talk to a Verizon tech support they say they can not retrieve them since I have a iPhone.

0 Likes
richs007
Verizon Employee

Keep in mind this is primarily a user-helping-user forum so you shoudn't be sharing any account specific information.

Is it possible they are referring to Apple's iCloud?  We (Verizon) don't have any ability to do anything with Apple's iCloud service.

If you are certain it's Verizon Cloud, then send an email to the developers (verizoncloud @verizonwireless.com) with the mobile number that was impacted and they could sort it out for you.  Perhaps it was removed more than 30 days ago and you weren't aware of it until you ran into the disconnect error.  The developers will be happy to dig into it for you.  

JasonB_VZW
Verizon Employee

When a Cloud account is downgraded to the non-media level (Contacts only free level) any content is placed in to a 30-day archive pending a retrieval and restore request.  After 30-days if not retrieved it is then removed.

An archive typically takes 48 hours to appear in a search, so I suspect that the person with whom you spoke originally did not remember this gap between creation and listing, and told you (incorrectly) that it did not exist at all.  This is the same for Android and iOS devices.
If you email to the support address [email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service] and state your issue, mention you came from the Forum Board, and supply the phone number that was associated to this account, they should be able to see the archive and follow through on the restore process.  You can also tap the "Send Feedback" button in the app and reach a Cloud Tech that way.  As this is on a timer I suggest this be done sooner than later, if you have not already.

0 Likes