Not happy having to "Opt Out" to not get charged
Unhappy_Cust_Walt
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is anyone else unhappy with having to opt out of a service they never selected to receive, even as an evaluation or trial, in the first place.  

I have had to opt out of "Verizon Cloud" twice or they would have started billing me for something I never signed up for in the first place.

This smells like a "Wells Fargo" trick - but in some ways worse as it is Verizon policy that put me in a situation where I needed to Opt Out or get billed for unwanted services.

Please submit feedback to Verizon to require all "services" require an  "Opt In" for billing to take place.

Re: Not happy having to "Opt Out" to not get charged
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want you to feel bad about the service you are getting from us and we are always here to help. This is excellent feedback and we will be sure to lift it up. 

ErinW_VZW

0 Likes
alyons3561
Enthusiast - Level 1

How did you opt out?  I'm the same way...

I hate to have to call, wait forever to talk to someone, when I could do it online.

richs007
Verizon Employee

I agree with Erin.  We never intentionally want to leave you with a bad feeling about Verizon or our services. 

The Cloud service is just like a Netflix or Amazon prime subscription.  When you start using it, we give you the first 30 days for free to try it and then if you don't like it, simply cancel the service before the 30 days is up.  If you never use it, meaning you don't open the app and start backing up, you won't get billed.  We also send you communications when you activate the trial and before we start billing you for it so you can remove it from your account before you are charged.  

"Opting out" is easy.  There are several ways you can cancel the Verizon Cloud service without calling someone:

Option 1:  From the Cloud app

• Tap the 3-line navigation menu in the upper left corner.
  • Depending on the version of the cloud app, either tap the gear icon in the upper right or scroll down and tap Settings.
  • Tap My Account, Manage Storage or Change plan, depending on your version of the app
  • Tap Delete My Account and follow the on screen instructions to complete the removal

Option 2:  From the Verizon Wireless website (www.verizonwireless.com)

• Log into My Verizon web portal (https://www.verizonwireless.com/myverizon) with the account owner credentials,
  • Under the Account menu, click Verizon Cloud under the Add-ons and apps section
  • Scroll down to Verizon Cloud and click the black Manage add-on button
  • click the Remove link for the mobile number you want to remove it from.

You shouldn't have had to opt out more than once unless you have more than one mobile number activating the service.  Each mobile number would need to opt out independently.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate your feedback and will be sure to submit this.  The last thing we want is our customers feeling this way.  Did you have anything else that we can assist you with today?

SeanC_VZW

0 Likes